+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

international student sponsorship by canadian citizen

iqbalshaikh

May 20, 2012
hey, i am iqbal shaikh from bangladesh. now i am planning for doin MBA in canada. i have a uncle(brother of my mother) living in TORONTO with his family as a citizen. now is it possible if he wants to sponsor me to go there? plz make me informed if u know the exact rule of this question.
thanks.

Akib

Star Member
Mar 28, 2012
Sylhet
Category........
Visa Office......
VFS, Sylhet.
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-05-2012
AOR Received.
28-05-2012
IELTS Request
Submitted "7.5"
Med's Request
28-06-2012
Med's Done....
01-07-2012
Passport Req..
02-07-2012
VISA ISSUED...
27-07-2012
iqbalshaikh said:
hey, i am iqbal shaikh from bangladesh. now i am planning for doin MBA in canada. i have a uncle(brother of my mother) living in TORONTO with his family as a citizen. now is it possible if he wants to sponsor me to go there? plz make me informed if u know the exact rule of this question.
thanks.
Yes he can sponsor ur studies. U will have to provide his bank statements for 12 months, tax assessment for 24 months, a copy of him passport/ Citizenship card, a notarized letter of sponsorship and finally proof of his relationship with u (eg. land deeds with ur mothers and him name in it stating the same parents's name and ur birth certificate with ur parent's name in it). This should be all that u will require to be sponsored by a relative in canada. Hope this helps. :)

iqbalshaikh

May 20, 2012
thanks for your reply bro. let me share with u 1 thing that is, one of my friend applied in british columbia university, he admitted there and now hes preparing to face high commission here in dhaka. i saw a paper from my friend which named MENDETORY PAPERS FOR CANADIAN STUDENT VISA. there i saw a point , FOR SPONSOR (anybody can be the sponsor of a student visa application), under this section all the required papers for different occupation of sponsor are indicated.
however, my friend said the line written 'ANYBODY CAN BE THE SPONSOR' is not valid now. ONLY PARENTS should be the SPONSOR.
This is why i am confused!!!

meanwhile, after having information from u i am feeling delighted. because it'll be easier for me if my UNCLE can sponsor me.
now i am preparing for IELTS then i'll go for apply in universities for student visa.so in this situation i need to confirm about the whole process and law as well.
lastly, by considering my situation would u plz suggest me waht to do or what exactly the law of student sponsorship?
any of ur suggestion that helps me to come canada will be accepted as cordial help for me.
thaks
shaikh

Akib

Star Member
Mar 28, 2012
Sylhet
Category........
Visa Office......
VFS, Sylhet.
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-05-2012
AOR Received.
28-05-2012
IELTS Request
Submitted "7.5"
Med's Request
28-06-2012
Med's Done....
01-07-2012
Passport Req..
02-07-2012
VISA ISSUED...
27-07-2012
iqbalshaikh said:
thanks for your reply bro. let me share with u 1 thing that is, one of my friend applied in british columbia university, he admitted there and now hes preparing to face high commission here in dhaka. i saw a paper from my friend which named MENDETORY PAPERS FOR CANADIAN STUDENT VISA. there i saw a point , FOR SPONSOR (anybody can be the sponsor of a student visa application), under this section all the required papers for different occupation of sponsor are indicated.
however, my friend said the line written 'ANYBODY CAN BE THE SPONSOR' is not valid now. ONLY PARENTS should be the SPONSOR.
This is why i am confused!!!

meanwhile, after having information from u i am feeling delighted. because it'll be easier for me if my UNCLE can sponsor me.
now i am preparing for IELTS then i'll go for apply in universities for student visa.so in this situation i need to confirm about the whole process and law as well.
lastly, by considering my situation would u plz suggest me waht to do or what exactly the law of student sponsorship?
any of ur suggestion that helps me to come canada will be accepted as cordial help for me.
thaks
shaikh
I am 100% sure that anyone can sponsor ur education if u can provide valid proof of relation with the person. I would suggest u provide the documents I mentioned in my last comment with all photocopies notarized, ur sponsorship documents should be perfect.

Hope this helps.

Amir Khan

Oct 6, 2014
Hi All,

I have question. Does sponsor mean a financer of a student?

If yes, does it mean the fund has to be provided by sponsor by direct debit its account?

If yes, does it mean the financer will become a defaulter if fails to pay the money on due dates?

Regards
Amir

Tjackson

Mar 3, 2017
Hello House pls is it possible my cousin of same date of birth sponsor my programme in canada as i want to help in working in his set up business after the programme...... pls i need an answer

Betelhem

May 20, 2018
Hello my name is Betelhem Berhanu from Ethiopia and I have apply for scholarship in Canada universities but not full scholarship.please can I find sponsorship from Canada citizens and how can I contact them. Thank you
I will wait your positive response!

LaurieMTL

Aug 20, 2018
Hello my name is Betelhem Berhanu from Ethiopia and I have apply for scholarship in Canada universities but not full scholarship.please can I find sponsorship from Canada citizens and how can I contact them. Thank you
I will wait your positive response!
Does the sponsor need to be a relative? What if its parenrs of the partner sponsor the student?

Pells

Jan 24, 2019
Hello. I got admission in Canada. I found a sponsor who is living in New York. We are not related. What does my sponsor need to provide for the visa application provess? And do i need to provide my personal bank statement too?

Pells

Jan 24, 2019
Get the money from your sponsor, transfer it to Canada to buy a GIC(If applying under SDS), pay 1 year tuition fees and provide a proof saying source of money is from the sponsor. That's the most guaranteed way for approval imo. Good luck.
What if i am not applying under SDS. I am applying from Nigeria?

Pells

Jan 24, 2019
You can choose to setup a GIC even under non-SDS. Point is to prove that funds are readily available to be used and to assure them that it's enough to cover your study and stay without working. You can always apply with a support letter from your sponsor too and see what happens.
Thank you so much. So my sponsor should provide a letter of sponsorship and her bank statement? Sorry to ask too much questions

Pells

Jan 24, 2019
Letter of sponsorship, copy of their passport information pages, bank statements, pay stubs, tax assessment notice , etc to prove they are able to support you. I would strongly recommend paying at least 1 yr fee before applying . Good luck .
Thank you so much.