+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

International student returning back to Canada.

studentpil0t

Aug 4, 2018
Hello All,

I'm due to return to Toronto in a matter of weeks and I'm currently typing my mandatory 14 day plan in quarantine to present upon arrival. I already have accomdation sorted however I'm not sure whether it meets the requirements as I've been renting a room (entire basement) with my own bathroom. I reside with 3 other occupants. Will this be a concern as we'd have to share the kitchen or use it at designated times rather? In regards to groceries etc I believe instacart is suitable based off other threads I've read. I will also order for delivery from time to time. Another query I had was transportation. If I have the appropiate PPE is it suitable for me to now board public transportation to travel to my place? That journey would consist of 1 train to Union, 1 train to Whitby, then I can catch a uber as I'll have heavy luggage on me. Otherwise I'll have to catch a uber straight from the airport.

ohbruh

Jul 25, 2020
You cannot use public transportation.

You cannot order outside or use services like instacart.

You need to self isolate your self. If that's not possible, all the people living with you have to follow 14 days mandatory quarantine rules.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
You cannot use public transportation.

You cannot order outside or use services like instacart.

You need to self isolate your self. If that's not possible, all the people living with you have to follow 14 days mandatory quarantine rules.
You can use services like Instacart although your roommates will need to accept the delivery and leave any of your food by your door. You can’t go up and use the kitchen.

No public transportation.

studentpil0t

Aug 4, 2018
Good morning everyone. Just to confirm I’ve re-entered Canada safely and currently in quarantine. A lot of misleading and false comments on what is and not acceptable. Firstly, public transportation is allowed so long as you wear the appropriate PPE and Maintain social distancing at all times when possible. Secondly, you can quarantine in the same household as your family provided you do not share common areas with them (in my case I’m secluded in the basement with en suite) they bring my 3 meals down a day and when the kids go to school I go in the garden for fresh air. my advice to anyone returning download the arriveCAN app and you won’t have to do a sign a single piece of paper upon arrival. The only two questions I was asked : do you have any symptoms etc. & do you know what you are required to do for the first 14 days.

kind regards