+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

International Student/Professionals

cec1985

May 5, 2014
Just curious, if people are still looking to move to Canada this year? Any changed plans?

Despite the hyper competition of finding anything here, wonder what makes people move here? What are some of things that still confuses people especially who have been living here for few months, especially around employment or communication?

I am immigrant myself, avg background, so didn't had much of downside when i left my home country quite sometime back.

Feel free to send me msg, and i m happy to chat

Koushal Patel

Jan 11, 2019
hey hope you are doing fine. Same here, immigrant with avg background. Many of friends deferred their travel plans. Many are in the queue. All depends on their personal situation I guess which changes from person to person. :)

cec1985

May 5, 2014
Understood, thx.
Some folks are saying that demand for Canadian PR will go up and so will the competition to come in this country...post COVID.
2020 will be even more tricky for newcomers: very high local unemployment rate + they will be adjusting to CDN market requirements.

I don't think there have been good resources to provide real solid good advice to people like us anyway, and in this market this will be even more challenging!

red2seats

Jan 23, 2020
I will say demand for Canadian pr still high depends on the applicant's own countries situation like political and environmental. But supply from Canada will be lower since the local gov have to deal cope with those unemployed citizens so less requirement of newcomers to join the competition in finding jobs. Moreover, once newcomers came in but lose their job, gov need to assign them financial support, as the country has already taken huge financial expenditure considering covid19

cec1985

May 5, 2014
Thanks for all your responses....I wonder if they have really thought of post-education or general employment opportunities....Not trying to scare anybody as i have been in the same situation. But its a completely different setup here. While some are able to find good quality jobs, a lot majority are stuck...and i feel like they keep on doing the same thing that just does not work here..

Just a thought- but i could be completely wrong or overthinking this! in this pandemic.

Happy to help/discuss any of these nuances if people out there are reading this forum. Send me a msg!