+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

International Student Lost passport .

Jan 28, 2016
Hi there,

I have got a new passport for my lost one but it is not stamped.Now I also need study permit extension.Can you please tell me:

Where to get my passport stamped ?

can I directly apply for study permit extension or do I need to obtain a copy of old study permit before I apply for new one ?

Is there anything I am missing here ?

Thankyou ,

Regards,

RK

PMA

Star Member
Dec 16, 2015
Student Canada said:
Hi there,

I have got a new passport for my lost one but it is not stamped.Now I also need study permit extension.Can you please tell me:

Where to get my passport stamped ?
what you mean by stamped? by whom? your country/embassy/consulate or?

can I directly apply for study permit extension or do I need to obtain a copy of old study permit before I apply for new one ?

Was your study permit attached in the lost passport? do you have copy of your study permit somewhere? If so they you can apply for extension, I believe all you need is copy to attach it online, but still inform CIC about this if it was attached to your passport.

Is there anything I am missing here ?

when you lost your passport, Did you file police report, put it in new paper saying you have lost it? these are measurements to be followed

Jan 28, 2016
Hi PMA,

I did file police report and only after that I got my Indian Passport.Presently my new passport doesn't have any Visa or Airport stamp of arrival.I was wondering how if I need to get it and how ?

luvanuj

Jul 14, 2011
Toronto
When you are talking about stamp - I assume you mean TRV visa. You do not need a visa to apply for study permit since you are already in Canada. All you need is a letter from university which will mention your approximate graduation date.

Once you get study permit you can apply for TRV. You should avoid going outside the country without a TRV