+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

International Student accompanied by parent

skywalker777

Jun 14, 2019
Dear Everyone,

I want to go and drop my son to a Uni which he just got selected, I am applying for Study permit for him and Visitors visa for me, but on the online form, i am asked for Invitation letter, which I do not have, I just want to apply for multiple entry visa, so in case of any emergency I can travel without applying again.

Please advice.

Thank you

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Dear Everyone,

I want to go and drop my son to a Uni which he just got selected, I am applying for Study permit for him and Visitors visa for me, but on the online form, i am asked for Invitation letter, which I do not have, I just want to apply for multiple entry visa, so in case of any emergency I can travel without applying again.

Please advice.

Thank you
Edit your questionnaire answer where it asks if you are visiting someone/a family member in Canada. Change it to no.

skywalker777

Jun 14, 2019
Thank you for quick answer, I checked my questionnaire, purpose of my visit is set to other, as I am going to drop my son. And i checked there is no where it says visiting someone. Thank you.

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Thank you for quick answer, I checked my questionnaire, purpose of my visit is set to other, as I am going to drop my son. And i checked there is no where it says visiting someone. Thank you.
So did that drop the requirement? It's been a while since I last tried the questionnaire, and I'm sure it's been updated.
Alternatively, look through the rest of your answers to find if there's any question/answer that may trigger an invitation requirement.

In the worst case, just upload a sheet in the invitation part that explains why the invitation letter is not applicable in your case.