File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Can I apply for CEC after completing 11 months?
You can create an Express Entry profile.

However you can't submit your application post ITA until you have a full 12 months / 52 weeks of experience.

rajdsh07

Star Member
Nov 30, 2020
You can create an Express Entry profile.

However you can't submit your application post ITA until you have a full 12 months / 52 weeks of experience.
What if I got an ITA at 11 months of experience so, can I keep the ITA and submit it after completing 52 weeks?
Sorry, I'm asking too many questions but it is really helping me to clear my doubts.

rajdsh07

Star Member
Nov 30, 2020
What if I got an ITA at 11 months of experience so, can I keep the ITA and submit it after completing 52 weeks?
Sorry, I'm asking too many questions but it is really helping me to clear my doubts.
I just read a post about ITA and it states "You must have at least one year of experience at the time the ITA is issued."

CripplingYogi194

Jul 29, 2018
Risky and you should not regret it. I did it and I was able to get 1 year and 3 month canadian work experience with 1 year work permit.

The 3 month is when I worked on implied status. You should be ready to fail tho. I am on visitor record, gathering all my information to submit my EE profile in Canada. I recently did the ielts and received 7.5 overall. Like me, you will need to be able to be able to sustain yourself financially after your work permit expires as you wont be able to work and wait for your EE profile

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
Hello everyone,

I am currently in a one-year program and due to limited funds I was thinking of not pursuing a second program, which in effect would only grant me a 1-year PGWP.

Given this scenario, I wanted to ask the following:
  1. Has anyone done the same and was able to pass the CEC requirements?
  2. What's the timeline I should follow in terms of landing a Full Time job? My program is ending April 2020 and my study permit will expire July 2020.
  3. Can't I just get two Part Time jobs and hit the 1560 target work hours in a year then apply for CEC? Does it really need to be a Full Time job?
  4. What are the best options in order to land a Full Time job? I have over 12 years of Human Resources experience from my home country, MS Office 2016 Master level certification, and a part-time job on campus (e.g. Database Administration)
Appreciate any advice you can give.
No one can give you an answer of any odds of landing a job. Some people might find it easy and some other might find it extremely difficult.

However, your best bet might be to delay applying for a PGWP until the last minute, close to your study permit expiration date.

Once you apply for a PGWP you are eligible to start working full time, don't need to wait for the actual PGWP to be approved. This will give you over 1 year of time to accrue the 1 year work experience needed. It all depends how soon you find a qualifying job.

Given you will only get a 1-yeaf PGWP you need to find a job ASAP, of course. The best advice would be to study a longer degree 2 years ideally which would grant you a 3-year permit and plenty of time to spare before running out of time.

The experience towards the 1560 hours can come from a single or multiple jobs (maximum 30 hours per week)