+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

International PhD students

jasperjazz

Mar 14, 2017
Manchester
Category........
I'm a Master by research student in the UK. I have the following doubt,

International PhD students in Canada will be admitted into to a master's program for an year(instead of a PhD) and then transferred to the actual program they applied to. Is this true at all Canadian universities?

Help please :)

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
How long was your masters in the uk? I assume that they are making sure you are actually a capable candidate. When you only accept of few students into the program it is a big risk having an international student. There have been many success stories but also many cases where students arrive no where near capable of the PhD work. If you can prove yourself then you will be fine.

Reactions: jasperjazz

jasperjazz

Mar 14, 2017
Manchester
Category........
How long was your masters in the uk? I assume that they are making sure you are actually a capable candidate. When you only accept of few students into the program it is a big risk having an international student. There have been many success stories but also many cases where students arrive no where near capable of the PhD work. If you can prove yourself then you will be fine.
It's one year research based master's program which is ideal for progression to a PhD