+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

International Mobility Program?? Low skilled with LMIA

Familyof5Canada

Star Member
Feb 5, 2023
I received my work permit refusal today and decision letter says "work permit under International Mobility Program" when I applied for a low skilled with LMIA job offer.

REFUSAL BELOW:

"I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as required by paragraph 200(1)(b) of the IRPR (https://laws.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/SOR-2002-227/ section-200.html). I am refusing your application because you have not established that you will leave Canada, based on the following factors:
• The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application."

Is this an error by the VO? Can I reapply and ask for reconsideration?

I really need some insights and help.
@legalfalcon
@scylla
@nature girl

Last edited:

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I received my work permit refusal today and decision letter says "work permit under International Mobility Program" when I applied for a low skilled with LMIA job offer.

REFUSAL BELOW:

"I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as required by paragraph 200(1)(b) of the IRPR (https://laws.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/SOR-2002-227/ section-200.html). I am refusing your application because you have not established that you will leave Canada, based on the following factors:
• The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application."

@legalfalcon
@scylla
What is NOC? Where is job? What country are you from? Did you show experience in the NOC (employment letters, ECA, IELTS)?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

REFUSAL BELOW:

@legalfalcon
@scylla
@nature girl
- Where are you living now?
- Did you apply alone or with your family?
- What is your previous education and work experience?
- Did you show any ties to your home country?
- Did you show any funds to support your move?

Familyof5Canada

Star Member
Feb 5, 2023
- Where are you living now?
- Did you apply alone or with your family?
- What is your previous education and work experience?
- Did you show any ties to your home country?
- Did you show any funds to support your move?

I am a Filipina with PR here in Ecuador because my husband is Ecuadorian. We lived here with our kids for almost 10yrs now
I applied together with my husband since were both offered the same job. We included our 5 yr old son. We didn't include our 2 older kids
My husband has shares on 3 companies here
I work online
We showed funds, bank statements and certificates
Ive submitted college transcript and highschool diploma

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I am a Filipina with PR here in Ecuador because my husband is Ecuadorian. We lived here with our kids for almost 10yrs now
I applied together with my husband since were both offered the same job. We included our 5 yr old son. We didn't include our 2 older kids
My husband has shares on 3 companies here
I work online
We showed funds, bank statements and certificates
Ive submitted college transcript and highschool diploma
So you both have LMIA with same company for same job? Were you both refused? If so concern from IRCC that you are both taking the same job with the same LMIA.

What is your experience in NOC in 6711. LMIA is to prove no one can do the job, only you, so you need to show experience. If husband has shares of 3 companies then why coming to Canada to work as a food attendant?

Familyof5Canada

Star Member
Feb 5, 2023
So you both have LMIA with same company for same job? Were you both refused? If so concern from IRCC that you are both taking the same job with the same LMIA.

What is your experience in NOC in 6711. LMIA is to prove no one can do the job, only you, so you need to show experience. If husband has shares of 3 companies then why coming to Canada to work as a food attendant?
Were still waiting for a decision on my husband's application.
Even with shares, it's still not financially good that a low skilled job still earns better.
What's the explanation on that International Mobility Program - is that an error? I'm thinking should be under TFW.

Javed Ali

Mar 24, 2024
Text: Applicant is requesting a C61 Work Permit to be employed as Chief Executive Officer ….. Inc and establish its Canadian-based start-up. The applicant has provided a detailed business plan and financial forecasts for the first 5 years of operations. Financial forecasts for Year 1 state an operating expense of $304519.33. Applicant has provided bank statements for 1 account totaling an amount equivalent to roughly $113786.98 in available funds. Applicant has provided an appraisal value of 3 real estate properties. However, the appraisal value of their real estate property is not liquid and as such, will not be reasonably readily available. Therefore, the appraisal value is unable to be taken into consideration when assessing the applicant's financial ability to commence business in Canada. Given the forecasted operating expense with respect to the applicant's available funds, I am not satisfied the applicant has the financial ability to commence business in Canada and compensate its employees. I note that the applicant also forecasts a net profit in its first year which would be able to cover its operating expenses. The applicant forecasts revenue in its first year of operations to be $319,100. However, the applicant has only provided two service agreements with prospective clients in Canada that amount to a total of $12000. Therefore, I am not satisfied that a profit would be guaranteed in its first year of operation. It is reasonable to deduce that if the applicant/company does not have funds readily available to withstand a loss in its first year that they do not reasonably have the financial ability to commence business in Canada. The onus is on the applicant to provide sufficient evidence to satisfy that the company has the financial ability to commence business in Canada and compensate employees. Application refused per R205 (a). Refusal letter sent.

Javed Ali

Mar 24, 2024
If I show more funds in nee application may it possible I can get approval or IRCC can give another reason of redusal in next application. Kindly suggest me

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
If I show more funds in nee application may it possible I can get approval or IRCC can give another reason of redusal in next application. Kindly suggest me
Showing more funds will not guarantee approval. You may be approved. But it's also still possible to be refused.