+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

International Business Management after Hotel Management!!! Help needed!!!

thatsnandu

Star Member
Feb 3, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

I am a regular visitor of this forum. I must say that this is a great initiative. I appreciate all the help provided.

I had done my hotel management and worked almost 4 plus years in the same field. Now I would like to change my field in to business related and thought of doing it in Canada. I was preparing for it and just for an advice I went to a consultancy. Now what they have told me that as I have a graduation in Hotel Management and work experience in the same, that would be a study mismatch and can affect my visa success. I doubted this before as well. I once enquired it in the forum, thinking that International Business Management would fall in a general category and wouldnt affect the visa and I was told the same by @enfield. I was happy hearing this and but now I am confused. i know that roadside consultants are not the decision makers, still wanted to conform. Will there be study mis match during visa process if I take An INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS MANAGEMENT after a Graduation in HOTEL MANAGEMENT????

enfield

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thatsnandu said:
Hi,

I am a regular visitor of this forum. I must say that this is a great initiative. I appreciate all the help provided.

I had done my hotel management and worked almost 4 plus years in the same field. Now I would like to change my field in to business related and thought of doing it in Canada. I was preparing for it and just for an advice I went to a consultancy. Now what they have told me that as I have a graduation in Hotel Management and work experience in the same, that would be a study mismatch and can affect my visa success. I doubted this before as well. I once enquired it in the forum, thinking that International Business Management would fall in a general category and wouldnt affect the visa and I was told the same by @ enfield. I was happy hearing this and but now I am confused. i know that roadside consultants are not the decision makers, still wanted to conform. Will there be study mis match during visa process if I take An INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS MANAGEMENT after a Graduation in HOTEL MANAGEMENT????
Hi,

1. No. (assuming you do not intend to study 'specific business courses' like HR, Marketing etc).

thatsnandu

Star Member
Feb 3, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
enfield said:
Hi,

1. No. (assuming you do not intend to study 'specific business courses' like HR, Marketing etc).
Thanks a lot for ur quick reply as expected..!! Do u think I need to support anything for that..?? Say, my father owns a Small business and i was helping him since Sept 2010..!! Do u think showing that(anyways I have to show this for filling up my gap after working till present) will help..??

enfield

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thatsnandu said:
Thanks a lot for ur quick reply as expected..!! Do u think I need to support anything for that..?? Say, my father owns a Small business and i was helping him since Sept 2010..!! Do u think showing that(anyways I have to show this for filling up my gap after working till present) will help..??
Hi,

1. You are free to write anything on the 'student questionnaire form' and 'family information/PIQ' form. No need to attach any proof (except under 'Generic Category').

scorpion88

Apr 25, 2014
i have a same question. if someone is Bsc in hospitality and has 2 years work exp in Human Resource. Want to Do Mba generic
second preference Pgdm In international business.
What will you advise in getting a easy acceptance form vis point in both cases.

Thanks in advance