+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

international business managament

ack23889

May 21, 2010
i am a student from india and got admsn in international business managament at mohwak college.
i am a pharmacy graduate and i afraid that they can refuse my visa giving reason that my past course is not matching with further studies, but i m willing to study this course.........
any advise?
i m applying under spp

Anil_Toronto

Star Member
May 19, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-08-2009 (Nova Scotia - Centralised Intake Office)
AOR Received.
14-01-2010 (at Buffalo)
File Transfer...
11-05-2010 (NY Visa office)
Med's Request
11-08-2010 (NY Visa office)
Med's Done....
12-08-2010 (Toronto)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
07-03-2011
VISA ISSUED...
07-03-2011
LANDED..........
11-03-2011
It's totally on how you project your case. You can tell the officer that you are taking this step to build up for new business opportunities, to invest or to advance existing business relationships. You can project this an area of interest in future business prospects and wish to study the trade in north america. I am sure if you give this perception, you visa won't be denied.

Anil_Toronto

Star Member
May 19, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-08-2009 (Nova Scotia - Centralised Intake Office)
AOR Received.
14-01-2010 (at Buffalo)
File Transfer...
11-05-2010 (NY Visa office)
Med's Request
11-08-2010 (NY Visa office)
Med's Done....
12-08-2010 (Toronto)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
07-03-2011
VISA ISSUED...
07-03-2011
LANDED..........
11-03-2011
you need to make a SOP...like based on ur studies/ work exp and link it with ur plans of study here....

pooja shah

Aug 4, 2011
hi
I have already got admission in Mohawk college. i am looking for shared accommodation near Mohawk college.if i can get any contacts of Indian student who can help me to arrange my accommodation.
thanx

flyc

Aug 1, 2011
ack23889 said:
i am a student from india and got admsn in international business managament at mohwak college.
i am a pharmacy graduate and i afraid that they can refuse my visa giving reason that my past course is not matching with further studies, but i m willing to study this course.........
any advise?
i m applying under spp
Write an SOP that explains why you plan to do international business management and how the course is going to help you. You can cover : 1> what has gotten you interested in the subject. 2> Your future plans and how this course will help you achieve your goal. 3> How this course, combined with your existing qualification, can help you 3> How this course will help you once you return back to your country.

International business does not require any technical knowledge as such, so I don't think it should be a problem. And pharma combined with management is a very good option, so I'm sure it will work out for you, provided you submit them an SOP that covers all the points above. Canadian High Commission must be convinced that you have picked this course with a goal in mind.

Habil

Feb 25, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Fine you can make use of strong SOP and it works but very tricky.These VOs are very funny at times.

Now instead of taking such a risky route,why dont you apply for a course relevant to what you have done get admission and once you land there,you can always change.

The tricky part here i think is getting the visa,once you are there you can branch out to doing the course you want but for now pls dont go that way=Fertile ground for rejection.

Hope this helps

Switu

Aug 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Manitoba
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4th July
Doc's Request.
No
AOR Received.
11th Aug
pooja shah said:
hi
I have already got admission in Mohawk college. i am looking for shared accommodation near Mohawk college.if i can get any contacts of Indian student who can help me to arrange my accommodation.
thanx
Hi Pooja,
One of my friend is coming in mohawk this sept. His also new but he has his friends if u want his contact info let me know. His coming from Gujarat.

flyc

Aug 1, 2011
Habil said:
Fine you can make use of strong SOP and it works but very tricky.These VOs are very funny at times.

Now instead of taking such a risky route,why dont you apply for a course relevant to what you have done get admission and once you land there,you can always change.

The tricky part here i think is getting the visa,once you are there you can branch out to doing the course you want but for now pls dont go that way=Fertile ground for rejection.

Hope this helps
Hey Habil, that's actually a bad idea. When you change your course, you have to inform the High Commission about it; and when you do that, they mark you as an "opportunist" - somebody who is just trying various means to get into the country - which can turn out to be a bad thing for you. Changing courses, college, unless you have a very strong reason, is a bad idea.

I'm not guaranteeing that people get visas just because they write SOPs, but I'm just saying that it is better to state your intentions clearly. If you don't do so, it could turn out to be bad for you. Remember, if the High Commission thinks that you tried to fool them, they can send you back to your country during your studies. They have the right to terminate your permit. They have done that before, and that is the worst thing that could happen to someone.

aman866

Aug 30, 2011
hi pooja,i am coming to mohawk for sep 2011.i am from punjab i also want shared accomodation.you can send me your email so we can contact