+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

International Applicants for Fall 2020

babsizkil

Dec 18, 2016
Hello to all of you,

This thread might bring out those people whom did recently applied for the Fall 2020 batch at Canadian universities.

I have applied to following universities and waiting for a decision:-

1. University of Calgary
2. University of Saskatchewan
3. McGill University
4. York University
5. Brock University

Thinking to apply at:- 1. University of Alberta

Any idea when will we start getting decisions over the application ? I have applied for Computer Science BTW.
A good choice. Do keep an eye on York University application file for update. I am in York University, though as a domestic student. Let me know if you need any info about the institution.

omarasimd005

Mar 27, 2019
A good choice. Do keep an eye on York University application file for update. I am in York University, though as a domestic student. Let me know if you need any info about the institution.
Hi there ! I really appreciate man for taking time and giving out a suggestion :) By any chance is it possible to have your whatsapp ?

I have applied for Computer Sciences ( Bsc ) and Software Engineering ( BEng ) however I'm scared a bit as well.

I think decisions will be made this month ?

babsizkil

Dec 18, 2016
Hi there ! I really appreciate man for taking time and giving out a suggestion :) By any chance is it possible to have your whatsapp ?

I have applied for Computer Sciences ( Bsc ) and Software Engineering ( BEng ) however I'm scared a bit as well.

I think decisions will be made this month ?
No problem. Don't be scared. York University high school average is 70%-80% average for Liberal Art. But, the tuition is very high for international student. By the way, are you applying from English speaking country?

Naijaboy

Dec 29, 2019
I exactly thought the same, do you think it has a high acceptance rate though ?

I havent applied at Uni of Alberta yet and confused between both..
I got admitted into University of Calgary for bachelor of mathematics and university of manitoba for the u1 program for first year before declaring a major in the second year so I think the acceptance rate of manitoba is high than Calgary but another thing to look at is the fees..

omarasimd005

Mar 27, 2019
No problem. Don't be scared. York University high school average is 70%-80% average for Liberal Art. But, the tuition is very high for international student. By the way, are you applying from English speaking country?
I hope so that I do get admitted to the program applied. I have applied as a International Transfer Student ( From another post secondary institution ). My current GPA is 2.75 out of 4 however I'm expecting to get a little bit of more increase after completing the current semester. I hope so I do get accepted with the courses I have completed ( completed major Mathematics & Computer Science courses ). Current status for the application on MyFile is "No Decision Yet - Currently Under Consideration"

omarasimd005

Mar 27, 2019
I got admitted into University of Calgary for bachelor of mathematics and university of manitoba for the u1 program for first year before declaring a major in the second year so I think the acceptance rate of manitoba is high than Calgary but another thing to look at is the fees..
I think Manitoba has a bit affordable fee structure then Calgary, My most interest is towards York & Calgary.

Naijaboy

Dec 29, 2019
Guys please need help...I applied for a study visa last year with Carleton University for engineering program was denied.....now I applied to University of Manitoba and was given same program how can I state in my sop the reason for changing school (although I know that it's because manitoba is cheaper but cannot say that)...do I say my admission letter for that term was rendered invalid although they might wonder why I never deferred...pls help me guys.

omarasimd005

Mar 27, 2019
Guys please need help...I applied for a study visa last year with Carleton University for engineering program was denied.....now I applied to University of Manitoba and was given same program how can I state in my sop the reason for changing school (although I know that it's because manitoba is cheaper but cannot say that)...do I say my admission letter for that term was rendered invalid although they might wonder why I never deferred...pls help me guys.
I'm sure they won't investigate over the reason that you write. You can write like you do have relatives over there and it will be more convenient for you to stay with them OR you can write that you have researched over the university in more depth and have found the content over there more better and you feel this might enhance your skills that would help you while in the industry.

I'm sure if you'll elaborate on the second point then they won't deny it.

omarasimd005

Mar 27, 2019
Can anyone give out an advise, I have scored a grade C+ in each Mathematics courses ( 1. Calculus & Analytical Geometry 2. Linear Algebra & Differential Equations ). C+ is equivalent to 2.5 GPA out of 4.0. Is this good enough to get accepted by York University? I don't know at what percentage it falls.

Naijaboy

Dec 29, 2019
I have filled the application and will pay tomorrow for Manitoba, I do hope that I do get accepted for Computer Science over there. I'll be applying as a International Transfer Student.
U are transferring from which school....what level are you in or are you being the first year..

Naijaboy

Dec 29, 2019
Can anyone give out an advise, I have scored a grade C+ in each Mathematics courses ( 1. Calculus & Analytical Geometry 2. Linear Algebra & Differential Equations ). C+ is equivalent to 2.5 GPA out of 4.0. Is this good enough to get accepted by York University? I don't know at what percentage it falls.
Wow that's nice in all you should be the minimum requirements is C- and you have a +...

omarasimd005

Mar 27, 2019
U are transferring from which school....what level are you in or are you being the first year..
I'm currently enrolled at a accredited private university located in my home country and completing BSc ( Computer Science ). I have completed my first year here and have applied to other universities as a transfer student and will be doing the same for Manitoba as well. I'll try to get an advanced entry with the credits transfer.

omarasimd005

Mar 27, 2019
Wow that's nice in all you should be the minimum requirements is C- and you have a +...
Thank you for appreciating bro :) I'm just scared because the grading system is different there so I actually don't want to fall out. I really hope I do get accepted for Computer Science. I don't know at what percentage range it lies if we do consider the Ontario Grading System.