Gatineau, QC
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
15-03-2011
Since we can't wait anymore we decided to apply for a TRV visa for my step-son (My wife already has multiple entry visa). We applied on August 11th and we don't have any response yet. My wife got visas twice and both times in exactly 5 business days.
I've sent two emails to the VO in Bucharest, Ive tried calling them but as you've probably guessed, all I get is answering machine without ability to leave a message. Since it's taking unusually long, I started to worry.

Here are some facts about us.

- We know each other for over 25 years
- We started dating end of 2009
- She applied and got Single entry TRV in June 2010 - We did not mention that we are dating
- She applied and got Multiple entry TRV in February 2011 - We did not mention that we are engaged and planning to get married in Canada
- She arrived on March 15th and we got married on March 18th. Then we went together to Bulgaria. She is there now and I am here in Canada
- We applied for sponsorship in July 2011

I am wondering whether withholding the facts that we were dating, engaged and planning to get married can be negative although no one asked us and I don't like giving voluntary information. I just put on the invitation that we are friends (which is true)

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
Withholding those facts won't be considered negatives. But the fact that your stepson's mother has a Canadian husband and has applied for a PR visa will mean the visa officer will think the stepson has reasons to stay in Canada. He will need a lot of proof that he will leave before the TRV expires.