+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Intercompany Transfer route

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I have a company in Canada and am looking to do a Intercompany transfer, According to https://www.jobbank.gc.ca/, I will need a SIN number to list on Jobbank,

Is it necessary for the employer to list the job at Jobbank.gc.ca for the intercompany transfer and who/how will list the job on Jobbank.gc.ca if I the owner do not have a Canadian SIN.
Are you the company or working for a company that wants to do an ICT? An ICT is when a company you work for in your country has a branch, and then you transfer to the Canadian office. You must have worked for the company for at least a year in a senior management, executive or specific technical knowledge capacity. JobBank has nothing to do with it.

nyconnect

Feb 16, 2022
Are you the company or working for a company that wants to do an ICT? An ICT is when a company you work for in your country has a branch, and then you transfer to the Canadian office. You must have worked for the company for at least a year in a senior management, executive or specific technical knowledge capacity. JobBank has nothing to do with it.
I am the owner of the company in the US and Canada, Is there a requirement for the ICT to post the job offer for the ICT at JobBank?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I am the owner of the company in the US and Canada, Is there a requirement for the ICT to post the job offer for the ICT at JobBank?
There are no job offers required. Your employer will need one year of work with your company. He/se can apply for a work permit based.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/foreign-workers/exemption-codes/intra-company-transferees.html

nyconnect

Feb 16, 2022
Thank you for your reply,

the Canadian company is a start-up company and the manager or myself would be needed to direct operations. We are both US citizens.

1) It says in the guidelines that the Canadian company will need to "furnish realistic plans and be substantial enough to commence business in Canada"
Does Canadian immigration have a minimum requirement for assets or revenue to be considered substantial?

2) In the case that I as the owner may be needed to direct operations, would I apply for the ICT visa as well?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020

the Canadian company is a start-up company and the manager or myself would be needed to direct operations. We are both US citizens.

1) It says in the guidelines that the Canadian company will need to "furnish realistic plans and be substantial enough to commence business in Canada"
Does Canadian immigration have a minimum requirement for assets or revenue to be considered substantial?

2) In the case that I as the owner may be needed to direct operations, would I apply for the ICT visa as well?
You need an immigration lawyer as this is beyond the scope of a volunteer forum especially if you are the owner and it is a start-up, not even an established company.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

This sounds more like a startup visa. How many employees are currently working in your Canadian offices? Is this an ICT for you as the owner?

nyconnect

Feb 16, 2022
This sounds more like a startup visa. How many employees are currently working in your Canadian offices? Is this an ICT for you as the owner?
how will I
You need an immigration lawyer as this is beyond the scope of a volunteer forum especially if you are the owner and it is a start-up, not even an established company.
how would I establish an offer of employment if I do not list on the Jobbank?

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
If I’m not mistaken, the company needs to have been in existence for at least 1 year, show sufficient staffing, clientele and revenue to show it’s a viable entity. A start up won’t cut it for ICT (I may be wrong) as IRCC might see it as just a means to gain entry/permanent residence. You’ll also have to show that the member being transferred has significant skills/ knowledge specific to the company that can’t be done by a Canadian/PR already in Canada.

Feb 27, 2022
There are no such requirements. Your confusing with LMIA advertisement. Intra-Company Transfer does not need LMIA or advertisement. You can advertise the job wherever you like or you dont like. The candidate has to meet certain eligibility criteria and as well as the business. Good Luck !

Feb 27, 2022
If I’m not mistaken, the company needs to have been in existence for at least 1 year, show sufficient staffing, clientele and revenue to show it’s a viable entity. A start up won’t cut it for ICT (I may be wrong) as IRCC might see it as just a means to gain entry/permanent residence. You’ll also have to show that the member being transferred has significant skills/ knowledge specific to the company that can’t be done by a Canadian/PR already in Canada.
There is not one category in ICT. There are several and it depends on which category you are going for. Without taking a detail look at the case and the employer portfolio, it will be difficult to answer this question.