Med's Done....
July 24, 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
July 28, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
August 6, 2015
Anyone have experience on showing intent to return when they are living outside Canada and want to come back and sponsor a spouse? Apart from renting a place and having a job offer, are letters from family and friends inviting you to stay with them enough?

ninakap30

Apr 4, 2014
istanbul
Category........
Visa Office......
ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
20-8-2014
Med's Done....
12-6-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
27-11-2014
hello
thats what ı dıd.a frıend of mıne sent me a letter and ı enclosed ıt ın my envelope.Sayıng we can stay to her tıll we get on our foot wıth my husband.ı dont know ıf ıt wıll work but thats what others dıd and they accepted ıt as a proof.ı fınd a bıt sılly to ask rent contract or a job offer whıle we lıve outsıde from canada..nobody accepts to do thıs as long as u dont know exactly when u wıll go....(JOb offer)or about rentıng a house...u cant rent vıa Net (thıs not normal).so maybe u should explaın ıt as ı dıd hope ıt works

jo-macral

Mar 25, 2012
Thailand
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore<br />Pain & Suffering: 07-12-2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-12-2012
File Transfer...
21-12-2012
Med's Done....
06-11-2012
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
26-05-2014<br />Re-med Req...: 26-05-2014<br />Passport Sent.: 30-06-2014<br />Decision Made: 25-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
06-08-2014
LANDED..........
Tickets booked for September, 2014
I have lived and worked outside of Canada for almost 10 years now, but when I sponsored my wife, I simply mentioned that I have a temporary place to go (family's home), and a job - this can be a tricky one for some. My current employer is willing to have me work remotely as a contractor in Canada, and provided a letter stating as much. This was enough for CIC.

JAMO1973

Mar 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 6, 2014
AOR Received.
Nov. 19, 2014 AOR2 Feb.12 and request for PGR same day
File Transfer...
Nov. 24, 2014
Med's Done....
July 24, 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
July 28, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
August 6, 2015
I haven't told my employer here that I will be leaving when we get the visa because if we don't get it I will need to stay here and work and I don't want to jeapordize my job here.

jo-macral

Mar 25, 2012
Thailand
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore<br />Pain & Suffering: 07-12-2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-12-2012
File Transfer...
21-12-2012
Med's Done....
06-11-2012
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
26-05-2014<br />Re-med Req...: 26-05-2014<br />Passport Sent.: 30-06-2014<br />Decision Made: 25-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
06-08-2014
LANDED..........
Tickets booked for September, 2014
What you can do is tell your employer your intentions on leaving once your visa is accepted (and get a signed letter stating as much for your application) - This should be enough for CIC, but also have your employer understand that if the Visa is not approved, that you would continue your employment there. This will double as the 'what if I don't get my visa' fallback you also need to account for in your application. I am not sure where you work, but most companies should have no problem doing this. Once you get your visa back, you will have up to a year to leave, so there will be enough time to put in your notice, and possibly train a replacement (if applicable) which should satisfy your contract or employer.

You will need to tell your employer anyhow to get the signed salary statement when you apply.

Kopje

Nov 28, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jo-macral said:
You will need to tell your employer anyhow to get the signed salary statement when you apply.
My wife told her employer that she needs a signed salary statement for CRA to proof she is working in another Country in order to declare herself a non resident and avoid having to declare taxes twice. ;)

JAMO1973 we included a letter from my wife stating her plans to re-establish in Canada. We also included bank statements showing our savings to proof that we will be able to support ourself for some time until we find jobs. On top of that we included letters from our family stating that they know of our plans to move to Canada and that they will support us in case we struggle with finding jobs.

I can't guarantee that this is enough as my part of the application is not yet processed. My wife however was successfully approved as a sponsor. Therefore I would imagine it was enough to satisfy CIC of my wife's intend to return and re-establish in Canada.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I had been out of Canada nearly 5 years. I included copies of my Canadian bank/credit card statements to show that I had maintained both with the intention of returning. I also had letters from friends and family stating that they knew of our intention to move to Canada, with my parents' letter confirming that we would be staying with them rent-free for as long as we needed to.

There is a question in the app that asks for details about re-establishing yourself in Canada. I detailed our plan for coming to Canada and at the end, explained that I couldn't commit to a lease/job/school in Canada because if my partner's app wasn't approved, I wouldn't be returning.

As for the employer letter, I included my initial contract and my recent payslips, along with an explanation that I couldn't request a letter from my employer without risking my job.

ninakap30

Apr 4, 2014
istanbul
Category........
Visa Office......
ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
20-8-2014
Med's Done....
12-6-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
27-11-2014
Kopje said:
My wife told her employer that she needs a signed salary statement for CRA to proof she is working in another Country in order to declare herself a non resident and avoid having to declare taxes twice. ;)

JAMO1973 we included a letter from my wife stating her plans to re-establish in Canada. We also included bank statements showing our savings to proof that we will be able to support ourself for some time until we find jobs. On top of that we included letters from our family stating that they know of our plans to move to Canada and that they will support us in case we struggle with finding jobs.

I can't guarantee that this is enough as my part of the application is not yet processed. My wife however was successfully approved as a sponsor. Therefore I would imagine it was enough to satisfy CIC of my wife's intend to return and re-establish in Canada.
in fact ı thınk that provıdıng them a bank statement cant prove someone really ıntents to resıde to Canada...ıt can only show u have money to support the prıncıpal applıcant....but we talk about a famıly sponsorshıp so ı dont thınk thıs ıs necessary ıt ıs an extra poınt. the most ımportant for mr ıs to enclose a letter of famıly(ıf u have)that they wıll help them provıdıng them roof tıll they get on foot. ın my opınıon thıs would be enough but ıf he wants to be sure he could go to a notary wıth some people lıke hıs closest fırıends and make a kınd of declaratıon that are aware of theır ıntenton to move to canada.as more as u can put best for u... they can undesratnd that ıf u make all thıs procedure runnıng a lot to collect all of these papers gıvıng money fr notary translator doctors etc ıs not a joke.......you could mantıon thıs also as a note ın a polıte way of course :)ı wrote thıs to them also......of course they know ıs not logıcal to rent a house or to fınd a job whıle u are out of Canada.ı fınd ıt a lıttle sılly to ask thıs.....u could also update ur cv ...maybe someone contacts you.ın my occasıon someone contacted me.ın fact 2.ı saıd ı am our from Canada and ı asked ıf ı could have a job ınvıatıon.they refused thıs sayıng to me that ı must be physıcally ın Canada....maybe some facebook conversatıons u culd use...ıf u talk wıth some people about Canada u could prınt these poınts and enclose them too.ı dont thınk they can reject all these poınts askıng only lease agreement or job.not POSSIBLE!!!!!wısh u luck :)