+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Intent to reside in Alberta

HarmanKaur14

Dec 7, 2019
Hi I have a question . I am from Toronto . My study and work experience is from Toronto. After applying for Express entry, i later applied for Alberta pnp which got approved . After that I received, invitation for my EE once i added Pnp to express entry profile . Recently I received a letter from IRCc that my profile and job shows that since march 2014 i have been in toronto and there is no evidence to that i have ever resided or worked in alberta . Visa officer gave me 15 days to submit my evidences to prove what Steps or plans i have Taken to demonstrate my intention to become established and reside in province of Alberta. What can be done in this case? Please need a strong suggestion.

Reactions: Garry21

jaseenaliottawa

Jun 23, 2019
LANDED..........
April 5 2022
Hi I have a question . I am from Toronto . My study and work experience is from Toronto. After applying for Express entry, i later applied for Alberta pnp which got approved . After that I received, invitation for my EE once i added Pnp to express entry profile . Recently I received a letter from IRCc that my profile and job shows that since march 2014 i have been in toronto and there is no evidence to that i have ever resided or worked in alberta . Visa officer gave me 15 days to submit my evidences to prove what Steps or plans i have Taken to demonstrate my intention to become established and reside in province of Alberta. What can be done in this case? Please need a strong suggestion.
If you just chose Alberta to get PR but dont plan to live there after getting PR , because that has been happening a lot , IRCC is tired of this scam and will make sure it is not getting played with anymore , but if you really intended to live there , show your plan for example rent , vehicle insurance , job prospects , family planning etc from Alberta if not expect a refusal.

HarmanKaur14

Dec 7, 2019
If you just chose Alberta to get PR but dont plan to live there after getting PR , because that has been happening a lot , IRCC is tired of this scam and will make sure it is not getting played with anymore , but if you really intended to live there , show your plan for example rent , vehicle insurance , job prospects , family planning etc from Alberta if not expect a refusal.
Thanks for reply . I am still in Toronto . I have received a job offer that i am supposed to start in jan 2020 . Plus i have signed the lease in Alberta from Jan 2020 when i move there. Are these two evidence enough to show my intent of moving there from Jan 2020? Or shall i add something to make it strong

jaseenaliottawa

Jun 23, 2019
LANDED..........
April 5 2022
Thanks for reply . I am still in Toronto . I have received a job offer that i am supposed to start in jan 2020 . Plus i have signed the lease in Alberta from Jan 2020 when i move there. Are these two evidence enough to show my intent of moving there from Jan 2020? Or shall i add something to make it strong
You need to convince the visa officer about your intent to reside in Alberta , given you haven't even moved there yet is a cause of concern because you are well established in ontario as well , i would suggest you take some legal help right away to make your arguments stronger because the way i see it , the officer is not inclined in your favor right now. You don't have a lot of time to reply back with the concerns . Good luck .

Reactions: suresh320

HarmanKaur14

Dec 7, 2019
You need to convince the visa officer about your intent to reside in Alberta , given you haven't even moved there yet is a cause of concern because you are well established in ontario as well , i would suggest you take some legal help right away to make your arguments stronger because the way i see it , the officer is not inclined in your favor right now. You don't have a lot of time to reply back with the concerns . Good luck .
Any suggestions like what approaches I can take? The lawyer I visited suggested me residential lease and job offer letter .

cindy0001

Mar 10, 2020
Hello,
I met the same problem as you. I have to submit something to proof I will move to Alberta. I am wondering how is the thing going? And do you have any suggestions? Thank you.

cindy0001

Mar 10, 2020
Initially, I was trying to move to Alberta at the beginning of April 2020; but due to COVID-19, I changed the moving plan to May 2020.

I have done:
1. Wrote a letter of intent
2. Registered my nursing license in Alberta already
3. Proof I am looking for a job in Alberta
4. A lease agreement
5. A flight ticket to Alberta in May 2020.

What else can be done in this case? Please need strong suggestions.
Thank you.

newbieee21312

Jul 5, 2020
Initially, I was trying to move to Alberta at the beginning of April 2020; but due to COVID-19, I changed the moving plan to May 2020.

I have done:
1. Wrote a letter of intent
2. Registered my nursing license in Alberta already
3. Proof I am looking for a job in Alberta
4. A lease agreement
5. A flight ticket to Alberta in May 2020.

What else can be done in this case? Please need strong suggestions.
Thank you.
What happened to your file? Can you post an update?

cindy0001

Mar 10, 2020
I received an letter from IRCC stated I have to proo
I received a letter from IRCC stated I have to proof my intention to reside in AB in March. I provided all the documents to IRCC at end of March. Then, I moved to AB in April and my PR approved in May. Received PR card in July.

newbieee21312

Jul 5, 2020
I received an letter from IRCC stated I have to proo

I received a letter from IRCC stated I have to proof my intention to reside in AB in March. I provided all the documents to IRCC at end of March. Then, I moved to AB in April and my PR approved in May. Received PR card in July.
Do you have to use an Albertan address to receive your PR card? How did you go about obtaining this address?