+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Intended work in Canada with job offer supported by LMIA

Diego22ms

Sep 22, 2019
Hi, I came to Canada in 2021 with a closed work permit supported by an LMIA, and after working for a year I filled out my EE profile. My employer has provided me with a new job offer for EE purposes under the conditions below. However, he didn't obtain a new LMIA for this new job offer, as we thought it wasn't necessary due to the condition below.
  • if you’re currently working in Canada in a NOC TEER 0, 1, 2 or 3 job on a work permit that was issued based on an LMIA, and:
    • you’re working for an employer listed on your work permit
    • you’re authorized to work in Canada on the day you apply for a permanent resident visa, and when the visa is issued
    • your current employer made you an offer to give you a full-time job for at least one year if you’re accepted as a permanent resident.
I completed the 'Intended work in Canada' part of my express entry profile as follows:

I received the 50 points for the job offer answering this way, and I received an ITA the past April 12th, but yesterday I went to visit a consultant and he told me that I should have answered 'yes' to the question in the red square. I am confused now... Should I really have answered 'yes' to that question? Can I change it after receiving the ITA? What are my options?

Thanks for the help.

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018
Hi, I came to Canada in 2021 with a closed work permit supported by an LMIA, and after working for a year I filled out my EE profile. My employer has provided me with a new job offer for EE purposes under the conditions below. However, he didn't obtain a new LMIA for this new job offer, as we thought it wasn't necessary due to the condition below.
  • if you’re currently working in Canada in a NOC TEER 0, 1, 2 or 3 job on a work permit that was issued based on an LMIA, and:
    • you’re working for an employer listed on your work permit
    • you’re authorized to work in Canada on the day you apply for a permanent resident visa, and when the visa is issued
    • your current employer made you an offer to give you a full-time job for at least one year if you’re accepted as a permanent resident.
I completed the 'Intended work in Canada' part of my express entry profile as follows:

I received the 50 points for the job offer answering this way, and I received an ITA the past April 12th, but yesterday I went to visit a consultant and he told me that I should have answered 'yes' to the question in the red square. I am confused now... Should I really have answered 'yes' to that question? Can I change it after receiving the ITA? What are my options?

Thanks for the help.
When is your initial 2021 work permit expiring?

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018
January 2024
You should use your initial job offer which has/had LMIA. You still have 9 months and it will be enough to process your application by IRCC

Diego22ms

Sep 22, 2019
But did I answer the questions in the profile properly according to my situation? This consultant got me confused and I don’t know what to do now

cz999

Feb 1, 2020
NOC Code......
But did I answer the questions in the profile properly according to my situation? This consultant got me confused and I don’t know what to do now
If you have doubts maybe ask another consultant who specializes in LMIA and EE applications for their opinion. Bottom line is if you already got the points and have the documents to support the points it’s unlikely to cause any issue.
Theoretically we should trust consultants but i will say though, some consultants really give incorrect advice so you are right to double check.

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018
If you use the initial work permit then you have to select YES here

Diego22ms

Sep 22, 2019
I thought the question with the red square was asking if the new job offer that my employer gave me has a new LMIA.

daluar

Dec 26, 2023
MY DEAR SIR,,

Respectfully, i am delour.i am working as an electrician in dubai 15 years. i would like to work in your company.

If you give the opportunity.

I am willing to do any work you give me.

I will try to please you with my work.

I always wish you well.

Rigaud,

Deloyarmd85@gmail.com

Phone,, 00971555016512