+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ins. Qualifctn not mentioned in PR Application..Got PR...is it Ok to claim it now ?

JSPCAN

Oct 20, 2016
Hi Seniors,

I recently got a PR stamping. Qualification-wiseI have done:

-Bachelors in Arts...................(WES accredited and mentioned in PR Application form)
-Masters in Business Admin...(WES accredited and mentioned in PR Application form)
-Associate Diploma from Insurance Institute of India (not WES accredited and not mentioned in PR Application form)

Now,I want to pursue Chartered Insurance Professional (CIP) course when I land,through Insurance Institute of Canada.

I have found out my Associate Diploma from Insurance Institute of India can get me a few credits /exemptions which (which mean saving of time/cost.

But since I did not mention about it in my PR application (as its a qualification where there is no time period FROM -TO for the course . Its a self-study course. You need appear and clear the exams in one go or may take years to do it. So I was advised by my immigration agent not to mention it.

And since I DID NOT MENTION it in my PR application (though I could still garner enough points for my application to be selected):

-Have I ,unknowingly, HIDDEN FACTS by not giving complete information ? If yes what should I do ? Am in trouble if I declare it to any Canadian Insurance body now to claim exemption in courses ?

-Is there any need to get it my Associateship Diploma accredited now , for future purpose?

Am worried about the inadvertent miss I made.

Regards

JSPCAN