+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inquiry

canfarhan

Nov 27, 2007
Dears,
Can I ask you few things? Through Canada immigration websites, I found out that they can give you a temporary work permit after you finish a course or your study in any Canadian university or college.
The duration of the temporary work permit will be depending on the length of your study and should be at least 8 months. Example, if I took a diploma of one year, they will allow me to work after graduation for one year. If I take a 2 year course then they will give me 3 years( maximum).

My question is, is an English course included? Can I convert this temporary work permit into a permanent work permit once I get full time job offer
(I am grduated and work as Networks/ System Administrater)?

I think it is better if I would take an 8 months course (like English course so that I will improve also my English) and apply for temporary work permit after I finish that course then if I got a permanent job there, I will convert it to permanent job permit.

Need expert friends to advise me please
Thanks & Regards,

sam_libra

Star Member
Jan 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May - 2013
AOR Received.
May - 2013
File Transfer...
May - 2013
Med's Done....
March - 2013
Passport Req..
June - 2013
canfarhan said:
Dears,
Can I ask you few things? Through Canada immigration websites, I found out that they can give you a temporary work permit after you finish a course or your study in any Canadian university or college.
The duration of the temporary work permit will be depending on the length of your study and should be at least 8 months. Example, if I took a diploma of one year, they will allow me to work after graduation for one year. If I take a 2 year course then they will give me 3 years( maximum).

My question is, is an English course included? Can I convert this temporary work permit into a permanent work permit once I get full time job offer

I think it is better if I would take an 8 months course (like English course so that I will improve also my English) and apply for temporary work permit after I finish that course then if I got a permanent job there, I will convert it to permanent job permit.

Thanks & Regards,
I think maximum length of english courses is six month and english is not a particular field itz juz a normal language so u r not able to apply for work permit through english course....cheerz

enfield

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canfarhan said:
Dears,

Thanks & Regards,
Hi,

It’s almost impossible to get study permit for any ESL course in Canada, especially if you are from a developing nation or let’s say a third World country. Of course, by rules you can apply for any such course but it’s “not possible” to ensure Visa officer of your credentials and study plans. We have at least one such similar case on this forum (Member name: Persia, Country: Algeria), applied for ESL (8 months course) but refused by Visa Officer with the reason that,

“You have not satisfied me that you will leave Canada after your studies”.

This is a much generalized reason for refusal. It does not matter even if you have intentions to leave Canada after your studies, but what matters is the fact that you can’t take Visa officer in confidence by applying for ESL courses. It’s a fact! They evaluate cases on the basis of immigration laws. For you may be it is a better way to improve your English language skills and gain some international exposure which might help you in your career prospects but for visa officer it’s simply a “Short cut way to enter Canada and stay forever”. I hope you understand my point. I would suggest you to apply for a full academic course.