10-02-14
Med's Done....
04-03-2014
Passport Req..
20-11-2014
LANDED..........
Already in Canada
Hi!

I'm new here and glad so see that a lot are helping each other answer questions.

I am an F&B manager based here in Singapore who applied for the same position but the the agency told me that I can only be qualified as a food counter attendant. It is not an issue for me as I know my skills would bring me to the position that I am aiming someday. My question is that my goal is to bring my wife and my 1 year old baby as well with me. Is it possible? I haven't replied yet to the agency but in case what you should I inform them if I would like to bring my family there?

I know that my salary in case as a food attendant might not be sufficient but I am willing to go ahead first in case in Canada and settlle for maybe 3-5 months and I'll be asking them to join me then I can use the rest of our savings in the meantime just to get by.

Hoping for reply for those who have the same experience.

By the way I'm Pinoy :D

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Because you are in a C skill level position which is considered semi-skilled, the most your wife and child could do would be to apply to come as visitors on their own merits. Chances are likely it will be refused. However, once you are in a B skill level position (supervisory) you would have a better chance of having them be accepted to come with you and your wife could apply for an open work permit.

Man415

Jul 25, 2011
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-01-2014
AOR Received.
10-02-2014
Med's Request
10-02-14
Med's Done....
04-03-2014
Passport Req..
20-11-2014
LANDED..........
Already in Canada
Thanks for the reply rjessome.

I think I'll try to see other opportunities for a supervisory position then as the reason why I chose Canada is the possibility of bringing them with me.

Regards

John009

Jul 26, 2011
So what is Inquiry on Work permit dependents really all about? The following information includes some fascinating information about Inquiry on Work permit dependents--info you can use, not just the old stuff they used to tell you. You can see that there's practical value in learning more about Inquiry on Work permit dependents. Can you think of ways to apply what's been covered so far?