+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inquiry on Alberta PNP (AINP) engineering occupation stream

googler

Star Member
Nov 1, 2012
Hi there fellow members

I plan to submit an application for Alberta PNP (AINP) under strategic engineering stream as a mechanical engineer (NOC 2132) by end of 2013. Here is the link to the eligibility criteria:

http://www.albertacanada.com/immigration/immigrating/ainp-srs-engineering-occupations-criteria.aspx

I am currently a student at the University of Alberta and my application as a foreign licensee with APEGA is under review (hopefully positive). I intend to start working with an Albertan company as mechanical engineer right after graduation. My question is how do you interpret item 4 of criteria (the following):

You must be currently working or have worked within the last two years in Alberta either directly or on contract for one of the following:
-A recognized, reputable and well-established Alberta Engineering, Procurement, and Construction (EPC) Company; and/or
-An Alberta company that is a member of the Consulting Engineers of Alberta.

If I start working for such a company in a mechanical engineering position, am I eligible to apply for this stream right away, or do I have to wait for two year after being employed to apply for AINP?

Any comment is greatly appreciated.

TRUONGAN

Nov 18, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
CIO Received Oct 9 2012
AOR Received.
Nov 26 2012
Med's Request
Nov 29 2012
Med's Done....
December 8 2012
Interview........
In process Feb 12 2013
Passport Req..
March 27 2013
googler said:
Hi there fellow members

I plan to submit an application for Alberta PNP (AINP) under strategic engineering stream as a mechanical engineer (NOC 2132) by end of 2013. Here is the link to the eligibility criteria:

http://www.albertacanada.com/immigration/immigrating/ainp-srs-engineering-occupations-criteria.aspx
I am currently a student at the University of Alberta and my application as a foreign licensee with APEGA is under review (hopefully positive). I intend to start working with an Albertan company as mechanical engineer right after graduation. My question is how do you interpret item 4 of criteria (the following):

You must be currently working or have worked within the last two years in Alberta either directly or on contract for one of the following:
-A recognized, reputable and well-established Alberta Engineering, Procurement, and Construction (EPC) Company; and/or
-An Alberta company that is a member of the Consulting Engineers of Alberta.

If I start working for such a company in a mechanical engineering position, am I eligible to apply for this stream right away, or do I have to wait for two year after being employed to apply for AINP?

Any comment is greatly appreciated.
Right away :)
with a full time permanent job offer!

googler

Star Member
Nov 1, 2012
TRUONGAN said:
Right away :)
with a full time permanent job offer!
I think permanent job is not needed, since they accept contract work or even if work has been done sometime during the past 2 years... Correct me if I am wrong.