+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inquiry for FSW draw

canadiandreamer1970

May 25, 2020
Hello,

My CRS score was 423. So I went through an agent to bump my score to 473 by helping in getting an LMIA to help secure immigration to Canada. Is there any way I can delay applying for the paperwork to when FSW draws will occur or would I have to wait until FSW are occurring and get another LMIA to assist in immigration. I am processing work permit now.

The position that I got the LMIA has low salary so I am looking for processing the paperwork quickly.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello,

My CRS score was 423. So I went through an agent to bump my score to 473 by helping in getting an LMIA to help secure immigration to Canada. Is there any way I can delay applying for the paperwork to when FSW draws will occur or would I have to wait until FSW are occurring and get another LMIA to assist in immigration. I am processing work permit now.

The position that I got the LMIA has low salary so I am looking for processing the paperwork quickly.
Are you 100% sure the job offer and LMIA are real? Most are scams.

What do you mean by delaying the paperwork? Do you mean delaying the LMIA paperwork? Or something else? It's not quite clear what you are asking.

I'm assuming the job offer is in a NOC A, B or 0 skill level role.

canadiandreamer1970

May 25, 2020
Yes the job offer is real.

The position is for a NOC B position. I wish to see what would be the quickest way to secure PR. From what I understand there is a 6 month window to apply for a work permit. If I get a ITA thru express entry I can just process the PR with no need for going through the work permit application right? Am I missing something

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Yes the job offer is real.

The position is for a NOC B position. I wish to see what would be the quickest way to secure PR. From what I understand there is a 6 month window to apply for a work permit. If I get a ITA thru express entry I can just process the PR with no need for going through the work permit application right? Am I missing something
Yes, you're right, as long as your employer obtained a dual intent LMIA which can support both a work permit and permanent residency. You'll need to find that out. If your employer did not obtain a dual intent LMIA, then you will need to apply for the work permit.

Do you know if the LMIA is dual intent?

Note that FSW draws are on hold for now (we have no idea for how long - they could restart tomorrow or be on hold for several more months). Also, you should expect that the processing of your PR application will take longer than six months once you have ITA. All processing is slower right now due to COVID-19.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Okay thank you so much for the information!
Note that the wage requirements for a dual intent LMIA are as follows:

Employers applying for a labour market impact assessment (LMIA) must pay the temporary foreign worker (TFW):
  • at a minimum, the posted prevailing wage for the occupation and work location where the foreign worker will be employed, or
  • a wage that is within the same wage range that they are paying their current employees working in the same occupation and same work location, if this rate is higher than the prevailing wage
Employers must refer to the median wage published on Job Bank to determine the prevailing wage.

https://www.canada.ca/en/employment-social-development/services/foreign-workers/permanent/working-conditions.html