+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

inquiry about new born baby

nasira.rafi

Nov 18, 2019
Hi! I applied for a Canadian study permit in February 2020 and it is taking time due to COVID-19 pandemic. At that time I had no kid but then my baby was born in May 2020. Now I want to go with the baby so what changes should I make in my application and how can I make those changes?
If anybody knows please guide.
Thankyou

primaprime

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2019
i would advice you wait until you get your study permit first because the officers will assume you won’t concentrate with a new born baby. it’s better you get approval and differ instead then when you are close to going you apply for your spouse and baby
I would be careful since this sort of thing could be construed as misrepresentation.

Maame1

Nov 16, 2019
Hi
I applied for a study Visa for winter 2020, it was late for me to join classes so I deferred it to May intake and then Covid happened so I deferred it to September 2020
I got married around June but decided to wait till September before I enter Canada.

Now I am in Canada ,do I have to update Cic about my marriage or not?

canadian_student

Star Member
Jun 10, 2011
Canada
i would advice you wait until you get your study permit first because the officers will assume you won’t concentrate with a new born baby. it’s better you get approval and differ instead then when you are close to going you apply for your spouse and baby

Disagree.
they will consider it as misrepresentation.

I would suggest, submit your family information form again, with your signatures, submit baby's birth certificate along with explanation letter.

Reactions: binnareyn

canadian_student

Star Member
Jun 10, 2011
Canada
Hi
I applied for a study Visa for winter 2020, it was late for me to join classes so I deferred it to May intake and then Covid happened so I deferred it to September 2020
I got married around June but decided to wait till September before I enter Canada.

Now I am in Canada ,do I have to update Cic about my marriage or not?
We need to update IRCC while our application is in process. If you got married after receiving study visa, you don't need to update IRCC.

Reactions: Maame1

nasira.rafi

Nov 18, 2019
Hi! In February 2020, I applied for a Canadian study permit. At that time, I had no kid but was expecting. I provided the family information form, in my online VISA application, without any kid information and also didn't tell about my expecting newborn as there was no column in the form to tick or fill. Moreover, I took guidance from a girl who was also expecting and went to Canada in December 2019 a few weeks before her delivery. She also didn't add any information about pregnancy in her Family information form. So, I did the same. Then in last September, I informed IRCC about my newborn baby through its web form but now they are saying that you have to justify it why didn't you inform us in February about your pregnancy, or otherwise it is a case of misrepresentation. While I didn't have that thought in my mind to hide the information, I couldn't find any column for it in the form and also asked the person with the same situation.
If anyone knows please guide me on how to correctly justify it now.
Thank you