+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inquiry about address for PR card and SIN document

Tapak

Oct 13, 2007
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello All,

My application for Canadian PR has been approved under AINP program. I, along with my family, have received Immigrant visa stamped on my passport. We will landing soon in Calgary. Since, neither we have any friends in Alberta nor do we have any address at the time of arrival to provide for PR card, I wanted to know which of the following options is acceptable:

A. Provide address of my friend living in Ontario to receive our PR cards and SIN documents, OR
B. Provide postal address with Canadian PO box address to receive my PR cards.

I am sure most of us have been through this hurdle. Please advise which of the options above is acceptable or offer some other option. I would appreciate for any guidance from senior members. Please PM me if there is any reluctance to post reply in this open forum for personal reasons.

Thanks,

Tapak

kumbu.bumbu

Jan 13, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-06-2014
Your Friend's address would be fine. But you should live there or tell the officer you will live there.
Or just tell him you don't have an address. You can update it later by visiting CIC web site or calling a toll free number. But this option until you give the new address your PR process will not start.

Tapak

Oct 13, 2007
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kumbu.bumbu said:
Your Friend's address would be fine. But you should live there or tell the officer you will live there.
Or just tell him you don't have an address. You can update it later by visiting CIC web site or calling a toll free number. But this option until you give the new address your PR process will not start.
Sorry. "What do you mean by your PR process will not start" Maybe, I wasn't clear enough. I will be landing in Calgary as PR.