+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inputs needed for invitation letter and cover letter for TRV after rejection

sadlifecanada

Jan 17, 2023
Hi,

My parents TRV got rejected on Jan 17th 2023 (duration was 4 months and we were going to sponsor funds, they had low bank balance but high investments and regular income), so we had to transfer some from mutual funds (I understand this is not ideal but there was no other way to increase them and we could not wait too long). Below are my draft invitation and cover letters. Could members suggest improvements/discrepancies?

------------INVITATION LETTER------------
Subject: Letter of Invitation

To the Visa Officer,

I am writing this letter in support of the Visitor Visa application for my parents [Father] and [Mother].
My husband and I would like to invite them to visit us and spend four weeks together from - -. The primary purpose of visit is to meet us and travel around Toronto.
My father is a visiting professor in [country], and he has summer vacation between two semesters, so this is the best time for them to travel.
They have chosen the month of [month] since I have a week off from work due to company policy from - to -, and both me and my husband’s birthdays also fall in [month] which is an added bonus.

We are both Permanent Residents here and prior to coming to Canada, we lived in [city1], [country1] for three years. We wanted my parents to tour [country1] while we were there but they could not, because of the international travel situation due to Covid. Prior to that, we lived in Singapore where they visited us.
Our tentative plan during their visit is as follows:
  • Week 1: Niagara Falls, Niagara-on-the-Lake, nearby wineries
  • Week 2: Downtown Toronto (CN Tower, Ripley’s Aquarium, Museums, etc)
  • Week 3: Ottawa, Montreal and Quebec City (this would be during my week off)
  • Week 4: Shopping, dining, theatre, etc around the city
We have attached supporting documents including IDs, financials, medical insurance, marriage certificate, proof of relationship, my company’s leave policy, flight tickets, as well as affidavits and translations wherever needed.

Please do contact me in case of any questions or clarifications, and thank you so much for your consideration!

Sincerely,

Our details are as below:
[all details: names, passport numbers, addresses etc]

------------COVER LETTER FROM PARENTS------------

Subject: Cover letter for Visitor Visa (TRV) application

To the Visa Officer,

We, [Father] and [Mother], residing in [city], [state], [country], would like to apply for a Visitor Visa to Canada to visit our daughter and son-in-law who stay in Toronto.
Our duration of visit will be four weeks in July and we are excited to join them for a short time and explore some parts of Canada.
I, [Father], have been a visiting professor for several organizations in [current city] and [previous city] in [country] and I’m currently with [university name]. My specialization is in [subject], and I have been in the teaching and research area for more than 20 years. My wife has done her Bachelors in [subject], used to work for a travel company and is now a homemaker. We have a younger daughter who works in [city], Australia.

Our previous application was refused with the below reasons:
  • Your assets and financial situation are insufficient to support the stated purpose of travel for yourself (and any accompanying family member(s), if applicable).
  • The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application.

To address the refusal, we have now made the following changes:

• We will be paying for our visit (except airfare which is already booked by our daughter as a gift). We have increased our readily accessible funds by transferring a small portion from our mutual funds. Hence we can adequately cover our expenses in Canada.
  • We have reduced our visit duration to four weeks.
Financial Details:

Bank BalanceMutual Funds
[Father]~ CAD 8300~ CAD 76,000
[Mother]~ CAD 8400~ CAD 40,000

Apart from this we have pension income and two properties whose details are attached in the Proof of Funds section.

Ties to [country]:
  • I teach [subject] for Masters students at [university name]. Since my course starts in fall, I need to return to [city] to take in-person lectures after the visit.
  • I get Government pension for being a professor at [previous university], [previous city], [state] from - to -. I need to be present in [previous city] every year to renew it.
  • We have two properties which we need to take care of and maintain regularly. We have major renovation work planned for one of them this year.
  • My older, single brother stays with us in [city] and we usually accompany him to his routine medical check ups, etc.
  • My wife and I have most of our close as well as extended relatives and friends in and around [city]. We regularly visit them, celebrate festivals, and share strong bonds with each other. This was one of the reasons we shifted from [previous city] to [current city] last year.
  • We run a small non-profit library for local residents from our personal book collection.
  • We are active members of our local cultural group. We regularly host small events at our residence. (Attached pictures)

International Travel History:
  • Singapore (2015)
  • Sri Lanka (2016)
  • Planning to visit our younger daughter in [city], Australia in the future
We declare that we will not be dependent on the Government of Canada on any account and will not overstay our visit.
Do let us know if you need any more information from us.
Thank you.

Sincerely,

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If I were you, I would prepare the letter of invitation only with no cover letter from parents. The invitation letter should be brief. Don't buy tickets - provide flight itinerary only.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
For some reason I was under the impression he didn’t have anymore teaching jobs lined up. Does he have a job lined up next Fall? If so, proof of that is more important than current employment letter for the course he taught in the Fall 2022.