+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inland Spouse Visa OWP: Correct form?

HandInHandVII

Aug 11, 2019
Hello,

We are currently 90% done with our Inland Spouse Visa and we are a bit confused about the OWP application. Any help would be appreciated.

1.) Is the OWP for an Inland Spouse Visa (spouse is a Canadian Citizen) form IMM 1295? On the form its titled, "Application for Work Permit OUTSIDE of Canada". This is confusing as we are applying inland.

2.) For the section "Details of Intended Work in Canada" its asking for an employer name and address. Are we supposed to already have an offer of employment?

3.) Many of the documents on the checklist (passport copy, 2 photos, marriage license, etc) are already provided in the Spouse Visa application package. Do we need to have separate copies of the same documents for the OWP?

Again, any help or advice would be appreciated!! We are feeling very lost at this point!

HandInHandVII

Aug 11, 2019
We were able to get in contact with the Canadian Government and they answered our question! Yes it was the wrong form! The correct form is IMM 5710. We are choosing to leave this question up (even though it might make us look dumb) to help others! Good luck everyone!

Chutsk10

Star Member
Feb 19, 2020
Someone please correct me if I am wrong but I am going through the same process and have found the following.

1)OWP Checklist for PR applicant is IMM5556 - Document Checklist Worker (In Canada Applicant). The checklist will identify all the other forms you need but the main one is IMM5710 - Application to Change Conditions, Extend My Stay Or Remain In Canada As A Worker.

2) Since you are applying for OWP you do not already need an offer of employment. This section will mostly be N/A.

3) Submit a complete OWP package, and a complete PR package. If they ask for the same documents, include them twice.

Reactions: HandInHandVII