**INLAND SPOUSE SPONSORSHIP JANUARY 2019**

gants888

Star Member
Mar 2, 2019
Hi. Just wanted to share with you. Unfortunately my application was return :-(

Application Sent: Jan 5th
Application Received: Jan 8th
AOR: No AOR, application package was returned on Mar 4th

The reason was missing PCC. I wasn't aware that PCC should be submitted upfront. I thought they would let us know as and when they move with our file (that's how it used to be earlier) but looks like have to do this all over again. Its so frustrating..... I had checked several times and ensured each form was signed and paid all the fees.

Found in their website a notice that says "Notably, spousal applicants will now be asked to submit their Schedule A – Background/Declaration (IMM 5669) form and police certificates as part of their initial paper application package, instead of later in the application process, as was previously required. This will help us process applications even more quickly and efficiently and avoid unnecessary delays". Am writing this not to discourage or scare anyone. I do understand how stressful this can be and their waiting time kills, but just wanted to let you know not to make this mistake if anyone is applying in future. Thanks.

Is that a PCC is required with the country specific requirement? i remember you have to select the country to check if PCC is required up front.

Reactions: LightRose

tarahandrew

Aug 3, 2018
Actually I just looked on GIC and it is showing OWP approved today must have changed tonight so yeahhhhh moving fast good job immigration
Congratulations! How did you link the OWP to your application or see that you were approved? We sent the OWP in with our application and have already received AOR and have linked that. We only have the receipt number from the OWP payment. How do we link this or are we waiting for notification with another number before we can link it? Thanks in advance for your help!

Hereshoping77

Feb 15, 2019
Congratulations! How did you link the OWP to your application or see that you were approved? We sent the OWP in with our application and have already received AOR and have linked that. We only have the receipt number from the OWP payment. How do we link this or are we waiting for notification with another number before we can link it? Thanks in advance for your help!

I logged into where you link select temporary for category then work permit then used family name date of birth for information because it is separate then the PR application

It’s odd because I thought wound show a number or something but just said there is one file click the grey box and there it was the application for owp they will send email as well even if you haven’t linked it yet I literally just got it linked and seen it was there and was approved right after I found it when did you get your AOR

Hereshoping77

Feb 15, 2019

Let me know if it works I think I seen your in London too

tarahandrew

Aug 3, 2018
I logged into where you link select temporary for category then work permit then used family name date of birth for information because it is separate then the PR application

It’s odd because I thought wound show a number or something but just said there is one file click the grey box and there it was the application for owp they will send email as well even if you haven’t linked it yet I literally just got it linked and seen it was there and was approved right after I found it when did you get your AOR
Thanks so much! We got AOR Tuesday (March.5th)

Reactions: Hereshoping77

Neo_LC

Nov 30, 2016
Is that a PCC is required with the country specific requirement? i remember you have to select the country to check if PCC is required up front.
No, don't think so.... If you are unable to provide PCC, then you will need to provide a letter of explanation as to why you were not able to provide and when you expect to be able to submit to them. I did not provide any letter of explanation nor PCC, that's why they returned my application.

Carlos25

Star Member
Feb 7, 2018
No, don't think so.... If you are unable to provide PCC, then you will need to provide a letter of explanation as to why you were not able to provide and when you expect to be able to submit to them. I did not provide any letter of explanation nor PCC, that's why they returned my application.
You do have to check country specific requirements to know when to send the police certificate:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/police-certificates/how.html

For example, I am an inland applicant from Mexico and the instructions are:

Do I need to provide a police certificate with my application?No. We’ll send you a letter requesting a police certificate after you send your application for permanent residence or citizenship. You must bring that letter when you apply for a police certificate.

So when to send the police certificate really is up to the nationality

cmvalle

Star Member
Feb 24, 2018
I was able to link my application on GCKey but it doesn't show up on ECAS. Also, I didn't receive an AOR. Is that normal?

IamJems

Star Member
Jul 27, 2016
I am SUPER anxious about my app, my IEC expires April 2nd, and i SHOULD get AOR the last week of march, even if you go up to 60 days which is the upper end of the range theyre working at right now, i should get it before the end, but if its being returned, i need to know so i can extend my status so i can send it again with the OWP...

I might call today and see if i can get any info on where its at... hopefully i get a nice person and they at least let me know if its being returned or not :( It shouldnt be, but then you never know.

gants888

Star Member
Mar 2, 2019
You do have to check country specific requirements to know when to send the police certificate:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/police-certificates/how.html

For example, I am an inland applicant from Mexico and the instructions are:

Do I need to provide a police certificate with my application?No. We’ll send you a letter requesting a police certificate after you send your application for permanent residence or citizenship. You must bring that letter when you apply for a police certificate.

So when to send the police certificate really is up to the nationality
Yes, this is the country specific requirement that I mean. I am an inland applicant from Hong Kong and I got the same instruction. So, I didn't provide the PCC upfront. (I am waiting for AOR only, hopefully it won't be returned....)

CAN-AL2018

Star Member
Nov 28, 2018
I am SUPER anxious about my app, my IEC expires April 2nd, and i SHOULD get AOR the last week of march, even if you go up to 60 days which is the upper end of the range theyre working at right now, i should get it before the end, but if its being returned, i need to know so i can extend my status so i can send it again with the OWP...

I might call today and see if i can get any info on where its at... hopefully i get a nice person and they at least let me know if its being returned or not :( It shouldnt be, but then you never know.
Don't get your hopes up about getting reliable or any kind of information from the call center ;) They would only know about the returned application once it's been returned (which should be around the time you would get AOR). You can send the extension application up until the last day of your current status. It's a personal decision and risk assessment, but we thought the $100 was well worth the peace of mind. My husband's visitor status was expiring 2 weeks (Dec.13) after we had sent our PR+OWP application (Nov.30), so we sent the visitor extension on Dec.12. Even when we got the AOR, we waited to get the OWP approved before sending a webform to withdraw the visitor extension application (we were playing it really safe lol. At least 2 people from the November group got their AOR for their PR application, but had their OWP application sent back a few days later because of missing signatures).

Reactions: IamJems

IamJems

Star Member
Jul 27, 2016
Just got off the phone with the call center, She said they are processing end of December right now, but obviously i know that Jan applicants are getting their AOR now so... blegh. Information is in the system, i have a temporary number that i apparently cant use to link, so im not sure what im supposed to do with it :confused:

I did however get confirmation of implied status sent to my email, for me to give to my employers for when my work permit runs out so it wasnt a total waste of 40 minutes ha