+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inland Spouse Sponsorship -- Awaiting AOR

Sep 16, 2022
Hello,
I believe lot of topics may be similar to my case but its being a bit mysterious what is going on...
Below you can find a brief timeline of events:
  1. June 5th 2022 -- Application for Inland Sponsorship
  2. June 6th 2022 -- Application Received Event
  3. July 17th 2022 -- Receipt Event for several documents/Forms (Passport, Forms, Payment, Police Certificates etc..)
  4. August 1st 2022 -- Request to proceed with Medical Exam
  5. August 25th 2022 -- Medical Exams Completed
Biometrics were provided in origin country and its updated on platform...
The fact is I am expecting "AOR" since day one allowing me to apply for "OWP" still no any document/Email stating it....
Is it a normal process I am going through? When shall i receive my AOR...??? How long does it take to process OWP???

Experts let me know your comments...!!

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello,
I believe lot of topics may be similar to my case but its being a bit mysterious what is going on...
  3. July 17th 2022 -- Receipt Event for several documents/Forms (Passport, Forms, Payment, Police Certificates etc..)
Biometrics were provided in origin country and its been updated on platform...
The fact is I am expecting "AOR" since day one allowing me to apply for "OWP" still no any document/Email stating it....
Is it a normal process I am going through? When shall i receive my AOR...??? How long does it take to process OWP???

#2. Application Received Event, WAS your AOR!
AOR means 'Acknowledgment of Receipt'!

My advice is to NOT apply for the OWP now...you may be very close to completing the Inland PR process!!

[EDIT] - Was your `Application Received Event' just confirmation from the courier, or service, that you used to actually send the application, indicating that it was delivered (and probably in a pile with other packages in their mail room)? If it is...it is NOT AOR, but based on your timeline they clearly did receive the application, at least before #3. July 17, 2022.

Last edited:
Sep 16, 2022
Hi Ponga, Thank you for the feedback....
Weird there is no any single wording stating its the AOR within the email confirmation received....

===========
UCI: XXXXXXXXXX
Application: FXXXXXXX- Inland SCLP
============

Well i am concerned about the OWP rather than the PR at least for the moment.....
Any idea how long does it take to process OWP?? btw i am applying to QC...

Thank you

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Ponga, Thank you for the feedback....
Weird there is no any single wording stating its the AOR within the email confirmation received....

===========
UCI: XXXXXXXXXX
Application: FXXXXXXX- Inland SCLP
============

Well i am concerned about the OWP rather than the PR at least for the moment.....
Any idea how long does it take to process OWP?? btw i am applying to QC...

Thank you
You're welcome!

No idea how long it takes for OWP now; things have changed and you can only apply online, which could speed things up a bit, but again...you might be getting very close to being done.

See if you can find a dedicated OWP thread, or search posts regarding how quickly things are moving for OWP.

Good luck!

Sep 16, 2022
Well i applied through online means no any paper based application....
Exactly, no any wording in all updates/events/mails stating "Acknowledgment of Receipt" this is why its weird.....

True, UCI and application Number received... no issue in that...!!
Fingers crossed for the AOR.. :S

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Well i applied through online means no any paper based application....
Exactly, no any wording in all updates/events/mails stating "Acknowledgment of Receipt" this is why its weird.....

True, UCI and application Number received... no issue in that...!!
Fingers crossed for the AOR.. :S
Seems to be an obvious failure on their part. You could try to call, but you need to know the `secret' way to reach a human...which works sparingly:
Dial 1-888-242-2100. After the recorded introduction, you will be asked to choose a menu option. Navigate through the options by pressing 3 and then 4, and then 0.

When the Client Support Centre is experiencing a high volume of calls, and no agents are available, your call will be disconnected. Unfortunately, you will not be put on hold to wait for the next available agent. The best strategy is to keep calling until you get through to an agent.

JohnNoum

Sep 9, 2022
Hello,
Biometrics were provided in origin country and its updated on platform...

Hi, How did it went? were you able to apply for OWP?