Oct 24, 2013
regina sask
Category........
Visa Office......
vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello :)

wondered if any body was being sponsored by a Canadian citizen and has sent or is sending their applications inland to Vegreville??

I am in that boat so feel free to add your info here ;D

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Try this thread:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/inland-applications-2013-t129064.0.html

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
katiebates said:
Hello :)

wondered if any body was being sponsored by a Canadian citizen and has sent or is sending their applications inland to Vegreville??

I am in that boat so feel free to add your info here ;D
If you are applying inland, why does your avatar show Mississauga?

If you're from the UK, usually outland is the better way to go. Unless implied status is incredibly important!

katiebates

Oct 24, 2013
regina sask
Category........
Visa Office......
vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rob_TO said:
If you are applying inland, why does your avatar show Mississauga?

If you're from the UK, usually outland is the better way to go. Unless implied status is incredibly important!
I was going to do outland but it seems a bit more complicated as I have lived in Canada for 2 and a half years on a visitor visa.
I would have to get a Canadian police check and that's currently sitting at a 3 month wait, so figured to just send it inland this week with my owp forms too.
yeah I forgot to change my info on avatar! thanks ;)

is that a good idea of mine or not!!

katiebates

Oct 24, 2013
regina sask
Category........
Visa Office......
vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
scylla said:
Try this thread:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/inland-applications-2013-t129064.0.html
thanks! was looking for a thread but didn't see it!

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
katiebates said:
I was going to do outland but it seems a bit more complicated as I have lived in Canada for 2 and a half years on a visitor visa.
I would have to get a Canadian police check and that's currently sitting at a 3 month wait, so figured to just send it inland this week with my owp forms too.
yeah I forgot to change my info on avatar! thanks ;)

is that a good idea of mine or not!!
For outland app, I don't think you ever need to get Canadian police check, unless CIC specifically asks during the process.

It's really up to you how to apply. With outland you could have full PR in around 10 months... while Inland may take you up to 2 years.

katiebates

Oct 24, 2013
regina sask
Category........
Visa Office......
vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rob_TO said:
For outland app, I don't think you ever need to get Canadian police check, unless CIC specifically asks during the process.

It's really up to you how to apply. With outland you could have full PR in around 10 months... while Inland may take you up to 2 years.
I have a full uk police check, but because I have been here 2 and a half years they want a full police check from Canada too. I spoke to an agent and she said they will want a finger printed check completed and when I looked it said 3 months wait.....

If I apply inland they don't need that, just a local check. It is taking about 10 months for inland stage 1 to be done and that means I should get my open work permit with that too. that's my biggest thing, getting my work permit and working again!!

its such a nightmare as im told so many different things and I never know whats the best option :'( I drive everyone mad asking questions!

thanks for your reply :)

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
katiebates said:
but because I have been here 2 and a half years they want a full police check from Canada too. I spoke to an agent and she said they will want a finger printed check completed and when I looked it said 3 months wait.....
What "agent" told you this?

From the guide for outland apps: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/3999Etoc.asp
Police certificates
You and your family members who are 18 years of age and older and are not permanent residents or Canadian citizens must provide:
valid police certificate, or
police clearance, or
record of no information.
These documents are to be provided for each country other than Canada, in which you have lived for six (6) consecutive months or longer since reaching the age of 18.

My spouse was living in Canada almost 2 years before we sent in our outland app, and we never included a Canadian police check, nor did they ever ask for one.

I believe Canadian police checks are REQUEST ONLY, so you don't need to include it with the original application, but be prepared to get one just in case they ask.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
katiebates said:
I have a full uk police check, but because I have been here 2 and a half years they want a full police check from Canada too. I spoke to an agent and she said they will want a finger printed check completed and when I looked it said 3 months wait.....

If I apply inland they don't need that, just a local check. It is taking about 10 months for inland stage 1 to be done and that means I should get my open work permit with that too. that's my biggest thing, getting my work permit and working again!!
As Rob_TO said, you don't need to provide a police check for Canada with an outland app. The agent who told you that was an idiot.

It is very uncommon for CIC to request the Canadian police check. Others have suggested that it is requested when an applicant's name is the same as a person who has committed a serious crime and the applicant needs the finger print check done to show definitively that they are not that person.

I highly suggest you apply outland. Average through London right now is around 7 months, and I think a few recent apps have been done in 5-6 months. You will most likely be a PR before you would even get the work permit with an inland app.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
katiebates said:
You don't need a Canadian police check.

My husband started pretty much living in Canada in 2006. We applied outland in 2009. We submitted no Canadian police check and none was requested.

katiebates

Oct 24, 2013
regina sask
Category........
Visa Office......
vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canuck_in_uk said:
As Rob_TO said, you don't need to provide a police check for Canada with an outland app. The agent who told you that was an idiot.

It is very uncommon for CIC to request the Canadian police check. Others have suggested that it is requested when an applicant's name is the same as a person who has committed a serious crime and the applicant needs the finger print check done to show definitively that they are not that person.

I highly suggest you apply outland. Average through London right now is around 7 months, and I think a few recent apps have been done in 5-6 months. You will most likely be a PR before you would even get the work permit with an inland app.
ok im gonna take your advice!! holy smokes my heads gonna explode!!!!!
you should get paid for your help!!

awesome thank you thank you!!!!!

little_apple

Jun 11, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna/Austria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 20, 2013
Doc's Request.
June 4, 2013 & February 18, 2014
AOR Received.
May 5, 2013
File Transfer...
May 27, 2013
Med's Done....
April 4, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
exempt
VISA ISSUED...
April 17, 2014
LANDED..........
in Calgary since March 29, 2012. Landed as PR May 3, 2014
katiebates said:

its such a nightmare as im told so many different things and I never know whats the best option :'( I drive everyone mad asking questions!

thanks for your reply :)
I applied for my RCMP fingerprint police clearance and received it within a week. There is a difference between digital fingerprints (up to 4 weeks) and ink fingerprints (up to 3 months). I needed a copy of it for my work permit and added the original to my sponsorship application

katiebates

Oct 24, 2013
regina sask
Category........
Visa Office......
vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
little_apple said:
I applied for my RCMP fingerprint police clearance and received it within a week. There is a difference between digital fingerprints (up to 4 weeks) and ink fingerprints (up to 3 months). I needed a copy of it for my work permit and added the original to my sponsorship application
Thanks for the info! thats good to know :)

have a good one