+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inland spouse application rejection

Konan1982

Champion Member
Mar 22, 2012
I had a colleague an American citizen his wife Canadian sponsored him and they didnt even have the wedding. Only marriage and he got PR

abdulzeedo

Star Member
Jun 23, 2019
On this forum a person was denied because he had been refused work/visit visa extension, and after exactly 7 days of the refusal he got married and applied for Inland sponsorship.
His sponsorship got rejected. The reason provided was marriage of convenience to acquire legal status in Canada. The officer said that he wanted to remove the PA from Canada on the basis of inadmissibility.
I would have agreed with the officer too...

Konan1982

Champion Member
Mar 22, 2012
On this forum a person was denied because he had been refused work/visit visa extension, and after exactly 7 days of the refusal he got married and applied for Inland sponsorship.
His sponsorship got rejected. The reason provided was marriage of convenience to acquire legal status in Canada. The officer said that he wanted to remove the PA from Canada on the basis of inadmissibility.
I would have agreed with the officer too...
this is understandable

Eveslm

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2018
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
I read about common laws got rejected but actually marriages never heard. If officially marriage certificate present and some pictures from small wedding they still will question the validity of marriage?
Yes there have been denials even for married couples. Presenting a marriage certificate doesn’t make the relationship genuine. So when they see red flags with regards to the relationship they deny the sponsorship. Many have received PFLs with positive outcomes while others have been denied. If you search in the forum you’ll come across such cases. There’s also a thread on appealing sponsorship refusals

Reactions: Buletruck

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I had a colleague an American citizen his wife Canadian sponsored him and they didnt even have the wedding. Only marriage and he got PR
There is no huge immigration benefit from a US citizen marrying a Canadian so there is less scrutiny of whether the relationship is genuine.

Konan1982

Champion Member
Mar 22, 2012
Yes there have been denials even for married couples. Presenting a marriage certificate doesn’t make the relationship genuine. So when they see red flags with regards to the relationship they deny the sponsorship. Many have received PFLs with positive outcomes while others have been denied. If you search in the forum you’ll come across such cases. There’s also a thread on appealing sponsorship refusals
as long as there are no red flags sponsorships will be approved

Konan1982

Champion Member
Mar 22, 2012
I don't think anyone can help you with this. It really is all about your proof of relationship and its genuineness...
understandable and yes I can prove the genuineness..
If they approve even common-law partnership then marriage certificate has more power plus photos and stuff