+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inland spousal sponsorship - Work Permit Extension

Sarath.276

Jun 4, 2019
Hello,

I have applied inland spousal sponsorship for my wife, application was received on Mar 10, 2020 to CIC but due to present covid scenario I still haven’t received AOL and its been severely delayed.

She is currently on her work permit and I didn’t include any work permit extension with her inland spousla PR application; How can I extend her work permit if needed, is there any such option available??

please advise

Sarath.276

Jun 4, 2019
No I didn’t apply OWP with her application, her current work permit is valid until Jan 2021 but seems she might not get her spousal PR by that time as things are severely delayed due to Covid and she will need valid work permit to continue her stay here or work

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Then if you didn't apply for an OWP you don't benefit from implied status to continue working.

Unless the work permit is extendable by an employer, you won't have many options.

Sarath.276

Jun 4, 2019
Then if you didn't apply for an OWP you don't benefit from implied status to continue working.

Unless the work permit is extendable by an employer, you won't have many options.
Can I apply for work permit extension at least once after I receive AOR from CIC?

bian07

May 19, 2017
You could apply for an owp after you receive AOR but would probably get the work permit around the end of the sponsorship process

kushenviro

Star Member
Feb 13, 2017
Hi All,

I am applying for spousal PR sponsorship application for my wife. via the online PR application portal. I also need to apply for a work permit application along with her PR application as her work permit is expiring soon, is there any provision to submit it online?