+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inland Spousal Sponsorship - Received SA, AIP and Process Completed?

Yoshii

Jul 10, 2019
Hi guys,

My wife received SA yesterday and I received this PDF:

"It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent
residence as a member of the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class." (I assume this is AIP but then they also added the following paragraph right after.)

"Furthermore, we are pleased to advise you that processing of your application has been
completed
. The Immigration, Refugee and Citizenship Canada office in OTTAWA will contact
you to arrange an appointment for the finalization of your permanent resident application
." (Has anyone received the same email, specifically this paragraph and knows how long it roughly takes for the CPC to reach out regarding the appointment? Our status also changed to decision made online.)

Thank you for the help,

Dom

Last edited:
Reactions: xan

PrincessButtercup

Oct 1, 2019
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
30-10-2019
AOR Received.
24-12-2019
Med's Request
07-28-2020
Med's Done....
08-05-2020
Interview........
N/A (COVID)
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
09-28-2020
Hi guys,

My wife received SA yesterday and I received this PDF:

"It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent
residence as a member of the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class." (I assume this is AIP but then they also added the following paragraph right after.)

"Furthermore, we are pleased to advise you that processing of your application has been
completed
. The Immigration, Refugee and Citizenship Canada office in OTTAWA will contact
you to arrange an appointment for the finalization of your permanent resident application
." (Has anyone received the same email, specifically this paragraph and knows how long it roughly takes for the CPC to reach out regarding the appointment? Our status also changed to decision made online.)

Thank you for the help,

Dom
Congratulations, this is indeed AIP!

The bolded parts of your letter probably refer to: 1) possibly receiving an email or phone call from IRCC to confirm you're in Canada currently (or out), and your mailing address, and 2) receiving your COPR letter in PDF format (could be any day now), printing that, and sending it in to Ottawa along with 2 new passport phots. Form what I've seen on the message threads, this seems to to be steps in these COVID times after receiving SA & AIP.

Reactions: Yoshii

Yoshii

Jul 10, 2019
Congratulations, this is indeed AIP!

The bolded parts of your letter probably refer to: 1) possibly receiving an email or phone call from IRCC to confirm you're in Canada currently (or out), and your mailing address, and 2) receiving your COPR letter in PDF format (could be any day now), printing that, and sending it in to Ottawa along with 2 new passport phots. Form what I've seen on the message threads, this seems to to be steps in these COVID times after receiving SA & AIP.
Thank you for this great answer! I assumed it could have indicated that they'll call me soon and want to confirm details.
I hope this is over for us soon :).

Reactions: PrincessButtercup