+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inland Spousal Sponsorship July 2021 file got returned

amansinghgdds

Aug 27, 2015
HI,
My Incanada Spousal sponsorship file got returned. I submitted my file on 7 July 2021 and my file was returned on 9 dec 2021 for incomplete signature on IMM008.
As per the incomplete checklist that I have received from CIC Mississauga, it only mentions that the sign is missing.
My spouse was on work permit but right now she does have any status as my file has been returned. I did apply her OWP with this application, that was also returned.

What should I do and do I need to change all the forms as it has been 5 months.

I am confused with CIC instructions as what I need to do. CIC website says "
You can use all the same documents and payment receipts to apply again. Make sure the signatures are still valid.

• We must get your application within 90 days from the date you signed it.
  • The date you signed it can’t be in the future (postdated).

What does these both points mean?

Thanks for your responses and help in advance.

Reactions: MNMP9998

RCIC001

Dec 21, 2020
Canada
Nomination.....
GURIQBAL SINGH BHULLAR
LANDED..........
AB
fill the forms again with current signatures and submit it.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
On top of re-submitting your sponsorship application, your wife needs to apply to restore her status (as visitor). She has lost her possible imply status because the sponsorship and the OWP applications have been returned.

Hopefully, it's within 90 days of her work permit expiry.

amansinghgdds

Aug 27, 2015
On top of re-submitting your sponsorship application, your wife needs to apply to restore her status (as visitor). She has lost her possible imply status because the sponsorship and the OWP applications have been returned.

Hopefully, it's within 90 days of her work permit expiry.
It has been more than 90 days and she has already lost her status. Can we do anything now?

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
I think she will need to wait for the PR approval without legal status. (Assuming that you are applying inland)
She won't be gettint OWP until AIP. But current OWP from inland application has been taking a long time anyway.

MNMP9998

Jan 22, 2022
Hi,
I'm on the same boat. I submitted my file on 2 Sept 2021 and my file was returned on yesterday 21 Jan 2022 for missing signature on IMM008. and I also applied for extension of my OWP but it came back with my file. so now i'm out of status because my work permit expired on 28 Oct 2021.

So when I re-submit my sponsorship application with new forms, what should I do for retain my status in canada?

Please help if you know anything.

Thank you for your response in advance.