+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

*INLAND* Spousal Sponsorship *AUGUST 2021*

Jul 15, 2022
Hi Everyone,
I am sponsoring my spouse who is from India on a Visitor Visa in Canada. Last year in August we submitted our sponsorship application (paper) and the timeline is below. There has not been any account activity post this except for Ghost Updates. We also filed for a Open Work Permit with the paper Spousal Sponsorship packages but still haven't received anything. We don't have the application number for the OWP and are in a soup on what to do next. Given the rising expenses in Canada its becoming difficult to manage the expenses :(

Can anyone provide some advice on this timeline and what we can do.

Application sent: August 4, 2021

Application received (TAOR): August 20, 2021

AOR: December 29, 2021

Medical passed: December 29, 2021 (Medical was done previously)

--------------------------------------------------------------
Screenshot of the IRCC Status -

https://ibb.co/Xt3BPmS

Outland2021

Star Member
Nov 26, 2021
Hi Everyone,
I am sponsoring my spouse who is from India on a Visitor Visa in Canada. Last year in August we submitted our sponsorship application (paper) and the timeline is below. There has not been any account activity post this except for Ghost Updates. We also filed for a Open Work Permit with the paper Spousal Sponsorship packages but still haven't received anything. We don't have the application number for the OWP and are in a soup on what to do next. Given the rising expenses in Canada its becoming difficult to manage the expenses :(

Can anyone provide some advice on this timeline and what we can do.

Application sent: August 4, 2021

Application received (TAOR): August 20, 2021

AOR: December 29, 2021

Medical passed: December 29, 2021 (Medical was done previously)

--------------------------------------------------------------
Screenshot of the IRCC Status -

https://ibb.co/Xt3BPmS
I think you are about to receive some good news just wait

Reactions: Adam_Marseille

sk1622

Star Member
Jan 13, 2021
Hi Team,
I am applying for Spousal PR (Inland applicant), do I need to fill in the representative form? appreciate your response?
also, is it okay if I file application of my husband from my PR Portal credentials?

Elisabet

Jan 13, 2021
Hello to ALL!

How is your process going? we just keep checking the tracker we only see the famous "ghost update" almost every 2 days but nothing has change so far (since our last update back in July)

Any update from your end?

Cheers

joe555

Star Member
Jan 4, 2022
Hello to ALL!

How is your process going? we just keep checking the tracker we only see the famous "ghost update" almost every 2 days but nothing has change so far (since our last update back in July)

Any update from your end?

Cheers
same situation. :(

joe555

Star Member
Jan 4, 2022
1) Everything is complete in new tracker, COPR number was issued on tracker more than 3 months ago and from last few months I am receiving ghost updates every two days.
2) In PR portal, my address and photo shows under review.
3) GC key no change

In June, they sent me an email that your PR is approved, you just need to pay right of permanent residence fee to get COPR which I paid right away, Its been more than 3 months I didn't get COPR and nothing changed since than.

I have no clue what should I do, this is really frustrating.

Last edited:

Elisabet

Jan 13, 2021
1) Everything is complete in new tracker, COPR number was issued on tracker more than 3 months ago and from last few months I am receiving ghost updates every two days.
2) In PR portal, my address and photo shows under review.
3) GC key no change

In June, they sent me an email that your PR is approved, you just need to pay right of permanent residence fee to get COPR which I paid right away, Its been more than 3 months I didn't get COPR and nothing changed since than.

I have no clue what should I do, this is really frustrating.

Yes, I totally understand your frustration. We feel the same. I know we will all get there. We just try to stay positive :)
But honestly this process it's like the rollercoaster of emotions. Very stressful

Elisabet

Jan 13, 2021
How is everybody doing?

I just wanted to share with you that after June 15, 2022 I stop receiving any update regarding my case So i asked my immigration consultant to send a formal letter to IRCC to see what is going on... (7 months of stress and anxiety)
We sent it on Jan 6, 2023. 3 days later we got an additional information request letter, from there we start getting letters and requisition like non stop.
(unfortunately we were asked to re-do medicals and police report because these were older that 12 months... of course we applied back in 2022..)

At least I know now, that someone is finally working on my old file.

Have you guys gotten any update lately