+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inland Spousal Sponsorship August 2020

anjana johny

Star Member
Mar 23, 2020
I was originally unable to link, but figured out it was due to a mistake I made.

At the bottom of the form where you entered the number of people involved in the application, I listed 1, for myself. Apparently the lowest number you should ever enter in that box is 2 as it always includes your spouse too. After entering 2 instead I was able to link my permanent residence application.
Do we need to link application to sponsors account itself? Is it okay to link to Principal applicants account? For applicant details, is it the information of sponsor or Principal applicant that we have to give?

Newf

Sep 1, 2020
I received AOR today. I updated my information on the spreadsheet.

Application received: August 31, 2020
Deemed complete: January 20, 2021
Actual AOR: March 27, 2021
PR linked to online account: March 27, 2021

Last edited:
Reactions: villeray and dillym

Newf

Sep 1, 2020
Do we need to link application to sponsors account itself? Is it okay to link to Principal applicants account? For applicant details, is it the information of sponsor or Principal applicant that we have to give?
I linked the spousal sponsorship application to the principal applicant's account using the following information:

1. Application # + principal applicant's last name (I used all caps for the principal applicant's last name)
  2. Principal applicant's location of birth exactly as was written on IMM0008
  3. Where principal applicant intends to live in Canada exactly as was written on IMM0008
  4. Family members "2" (sponsor + principal applicant, no children)
  5. Marital status "married"

Reactions: dillym

dillym

Star Member
Nov 14, 2019
Hi everyone, just letting you all know that when I called IRCC, the automatic recording on my application status changed from "received" to "processing background check". My sponsor has not received AOR yet, though, based on what WhatsApp members say, if all is good, AOR should soon follow. I am an August 31st applicant. Will continue to provide updates.

Usa2canada<3

Star Member
Feb 21, 2020
Ontario
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
13-08-2020
AOR Received.
11-25-2020
Hi everyone, just letting you all know that when I called IRCC, the automatic recording on my application status changed from "received" to "processing background check". My sponsor has not received AOR yet, though, based on what WhatsApp members say, if all is good, AOR should soon follow. I am an August 31st applicant. Will continue to provide updates.
if your able to link to your gckey account i wouldnt worry about the aor letter they havent been too good about sending them.

dillym

Star Member
Nov 14, 2019
if your able to link to your gckey account i wouldnt worry about the aor letter they havent been too good about sending them.
Thanks. For some reason, it says that I maxed out the number of attempts to link the application to my GC Key account. I know I tried 2 times yesterday. Confused why I am running into this problem. I also tried ECAS but it doesn't find an application corresponding to my details.

ppcat

Mar 29, 2021
Hello, how did you reach out automatic recording on your app status? By providing your XFN? Thanks.

jxch

Mar 27, 2021
Same here. I called today and it said the background check is in process. I received my AOR Mar 15. 2021. still waiting for OWP approval.

dillym

Star Member
Nov 14, 2019
Hello, how did you reach out automatic recording on your app status? By providing your XFN? Thanks.
  • Hi there, I called the IRCC number from within Canada (1-888-242-2100).
  • After the instruction to provide/not provide a UCI number, follow the menu options 1-1-2-3.
  • When prompted for the application number, input the numbers which follow "XF" in your prospective application number. You will then need to provide the PA's year of birth. After that, you will receive an update regarding your application. If they have not started looking through your application, the status will simply state the date that your application was received.
Same here. I called today and it said the background check is in process. I received my AOR Mar 15. 2021. still waiting for OWP approval.
Interesting! I'm still waiting on AOR.. Fingers crossed I get it soon.

dillym

Star Member
Nov 14, 2019
Hi everyone, today I was able to find my application on ECAS, link my application on GC Key and received AOR (in that order).

ECAS status: In Process
GC Key status: Background Check in progress
Received: August 31st 2020

Last edited:
Reactions: Newf

anjana johny

Star Member
Mar 23, 2020
Hi everyone, today I was able to find my application on ECAS, link my application on GC Key and received AOR (in that order).

ECAS status: In Process
GC Key status: Background Check in progress
Received: August 31st 2020
I received aor. But still unable to link to cic account.

sarahmpc

Oct 30, 2020
  • Hi there, I called the IRCC number from within Canada (1-888-242-2100).
  • After the instruction to provide/not provide a UCI number, follow the menu options 1-1-2-3.
  • When prompted for the application number, input the numbers which follow "XF" in your prospective application number. You will then need to provide the PA's year of birth. After that, you will receive an update regarding your application. If they have not started looking through your application, the status will simply state the date that your application was received.
I'm an October applicant, but I found this information useful. However, it's telling me that this number isn't accessible in my region. I have a Canadian phone number. Has anyone else experienced this issue when they try to call from within Canada?

dillym

Star Member
Nov 14, 2019
I'm an October applicant, but I found this information useful. However, it's telling me that this number isn't accessible in my region. I have a Canadian phone number. Has anyone else experienced this issue when they try to call from within Canada?
That is weird, I've never run into this issue. Maybe try calling from your spouse's number?