08/23/2015
VISA ISSUED...
09/11/2015
LANDED..........
05/07/2016

anjana johny

Star Member
Mar 23, 2020
My sponsor got aor email today. I tried checking the status in ecas. But the address shown there is the one he had when he applied for his pr. We already submitted new address proofs when we submitted the sponsorship application. Will that address automatically get updated once they start processing application?

bg_k

Jun 20, 2018
I also received AOR today but was unable to link the application to the online account.
Which user's account do I need to use to link? My wife's or mine?
Got the biometrics instruction email toay. However the name on the email actually had my wife's maiden name rather than her actual legal last name.
Did anyone had the same problem? Would it be better to contact IRCC to have them correct it?

Slandercakes

Mar 25, 2021
I got the biometrics letter a few days ago, but haven't received my AOR yet. At least I don't think I have? I got an email telling me my application was received 25 August 2020, along with a temporary application number.

I'm also currently unable to link my paper application (it was a spousal sponsorship application with an OWP application) to the online account.

Has anybody else had trouble linking accounts, or has anybody else received the biometrics letter with no AOR?

EDIT: It seems I'm able to link my application on ECAS but not GCKey. Does anybody know the reason for this?
I also noticed that my permanent residence application displays correctly, but it doesn't list my open work permit application separately. Do you think they made a mistake and didn't receive the work permit, or is it just categorised under the permanent residence application because I sent them together?

Last edited:

Slandercakes

Mar 25, 2021
How to link the application to our account? Any tricks? I tried and not able to link
I was originally unable to link, but figured out it was due to a mistake I made.

At the bottom of the form where you entered the number of people involved in the application, I listed 1, for myself. Apparently the lowest number you should ever enter in that box is 2 as it always includes your spouse too. After entering 2 instead I was able to link my permanent residence application.

Slandercakes

Mar 25, 2021
submitted OWP with the application, AOR Mar 15, 2021. Will OWP be issued soon?
I'm in a similar situation. Submitted OWP with application, haven't got AOR yet but did receive the biometrics letter a few days ago.
They received my application on 26/08/2020. When did they receive yours?

jxch

Mar 27, 2021
I'm in a similar situation. Submitted OWP with application, haven't got AOR yet but did receive the biometrics letter a few days ago.
They received my application on 26/08/2020. When did they receive yours?
biometrics reminder Sep 14, 2020, received application Aug 7, 2020

Slandercakes

Mar 25, 2021
biometrics reminder Sep 14, 2020, received application Aug 7, 2020
I'm not sure, but I'm assuming they need'll need the biometrics before the OWP is issues.
A lot of people seem to be getting their biometric appointment letters recently (I got mine a few days ago), so I'm sure yours will turn up soon.
After biometrics are given I'm hoping the OWP won't take much longer to arrive.

jxch

Mar 27, 2021
I'm not sure, but I'm assuming they need'll need the biometrics before the OWP is issues.
A lot of people seem to be getting their biometric appointment letters recently (I got mine a few days ago), so I'm sure yours will turn up soon.
After biometrics are given I'm hoping the OWP won't take much longer to arrive.
Hopefully good news coming, it's been 8 months. update me if you get your OWP