+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inland Spousal Sponsorship August 2020

mithunnivas

Star Member
Jul 17, 2018
I submitted my application through my lawyer on Aug end of 2020.
I paid 1050 for spousal sponsorship application and 255 for bridging open work permit.
On Feb 4 or 5 my lawyer got a biometrics reminder email.

When I came to Canada on SOWP (spouse open work permit), I submitted biometrics and that letter said that it is valid till
2029/2/4.

So my question is , should i pay again or just attaching the biometrics letter which i submitted for work permit is sufficient?
I got a application number that starts with Fxxxxx but i am not able to find the status of the application.

I need some guidance, can someone please help?

Usa2canada<3

Star Member
Feb 21, 2020
Ontario
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
13-08-2020
AOR Received.
11-25-2020
I submitted my application through my lawyer on Aug end of 2020.
I paid 1050 for spousal sponsorship application and 255 for bridging open work permit.
On Feb 4 or 5 my lawyer got a biometrics reminder email.

When I came to Canada on SOWP (spouse open work permit), I submitted biometrics and that letter said that it is valid till
2029/2/4.

So my question is , should i pay again or just attaching the biometrics letter which i submitted for work permit is sufficient?
I got a application number that starts with Fxxxxx but i am not able to find the status of the application.

I need some guidance, can someone please help?
biometrics validity has been extended due to the pandemic. You should not have to worry about that.

mithunnivas

Star Member
Jul 17, 2018
biometrics validity has been extended due to the pandemic. You should not have to worry about that.
I gave biometrics for my sowp which is valid till 2029.
But my question is , the same biometrics is valid for my spousal sponsorship PR application also?
because for sowp it is temporary residence biometrics and pr is different.

Last edited:

Usa2canada<3

Star Member
Feb 21, 2020
Ontario
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
13-08-2020
AOR Received.
11-25-2020

dillym

Star Member
Nov 14, 2019
Hi,

My sister in Law sent her application in August 2020. Her ECAs says application received in Sep 2020.

She still has no temporary file number or no AOR. Her application was without work permit.

What could be the reason for no AOR. I thought Spousal applications are processed quickly at the moment.
Hi,

Someone replied earlier but I thought I'd provide more info. There are some people who never received temporary AOR but eventually got AOR. So your sister shouldn't be demotivated.

To check the status of her application, she can call the IRCC directly. I'm not sure what menu options she will have to follow to get to speak with an agent. But she should try to get to a point where she can press "0" to speak with an agent. When she does so, she can inquire about the status of her application and why no temporary AOR was assigned. I imagine that they will be able to locate her application by UCI Number or Receipt Number. At this point, someone should have gone through her application to determine if it was deemed complete.

Alternatively, she can order GCMS notes.

Also, only Outland Applications are being expedited on the grounds for fast family reunification. Generally speaking, for Outland apps, the PA is usually in another country while for inland apps, spouses live in Canada together.

Reactions: angelangel