Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08/23/2015
VISA ISSUED...
09/11/2015
LANDED..........
05/07/2016
Great to hear about about biometrics reminders sent through email. This means that things are moving and we just pray that they will double their efforts to address backlogs.

kbigelow

Sep 15, 2020
Hello, I was wondering if the biometrics reminder mail/email is something everyone gets? People whose application was received after my own have started to receive their’s and I haven’t. Understandably could be multiple reasons why but just made me wonder. Thanks again!

Skywalker09

Star Member
Sep 22, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
07/09/2014
Med's Request
07/20/2015
Med's Done....
08/07/2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08/23/2015
VISA ISSUED...
09/11/2015
LANDED..........
05/07/2016
Thank you @can_babo and @Skywalker09. Are there any other steps we need to take that is good-to-get done while we wait...
All I did was update the excel worksheet and dive back in to the waiting game. Take care everyone and keep in touch.

Reactions: ASenna

Skywalker09

Star Member
Sep 22, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
07/09/2014
Med's Request
07/20/2015
Med's Done....
08/07/2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08/23/2015
VISA ISSUED...
09/11/2015
LANDED..........
05/07/2016
Hello, I was wondering if the biometrics reminder mail/email is something everyone gets? People whose application was received after my own have started to receive their’s and I haven’t. Understandably could be multiple reasons why but just made me wonder. Thanks again!
Some of the experts in this forum said that not all are given biometrics reminder. There are applicants who went straight to AOR.

Reactions: kbigelow

Izytiti

Star Member
Aug 18, 2020
Processing is still going on but there have been delays. The petitions are about allowing spouses to enter Canada during the wait period. Given that AOR is taking around double the time delays are inevitable. Highly unlikely that Canada is going to hire more immigration officers. If anything the Canadian government is going to need to go on a major spending diet at a certain point.
I have decided to apply for a visitor's visa for my wife to come to Canada before I start my spousal sponsorship process whilst she is here. But I was wondering if that will be successful. I can't put up with this long waiting game. Any advice!

ASenna

Jul 22, 2020
I have decided to apply for a visitor's visa for my wife to come to Canada before I start my spousal sponsorship process whilst she is here. But I was wondering if that will be successful. I can't put up with this long waiting game. Any advice!
We did the same, my wife got her visitor visa in dec 2019 and she crossed the border from USA in mar 2020. In Aug 2020 we applied - inland spousal PR.

kial

Star Member
Jan 18, 2017
Absolutely, i can never see them hiring more workers to address the issue. The only factor that can change the game is the "humanitarian factor". If family reunification is sincerely one of their priorities. They have shown this before during the Syrian civil war, they expedited process due to that humanitarian factor, I'm sure they can explore this possibility again, after all, it's for the good of their own people, PR's and Canadian Citizens.
Humanitarian ? what are talking about it? FYI H&C applications take 3 years to finalize it. the people who are struggling and trapped in Canada without status for years..and years

Skywalker09

Star Member
Sep 22, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
07/09/2014
Med's Request
07/20/2015
Med's Done....
08/07/2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08/23/2015
VISA ISSUED...
09/11/2015
LANDED..........
05/07/2016
About the biometrics reminder. The letter shows an application number, is it a temporary no or a permanent one? I read a lot of threads in the forum that the temporary no. starts with X then followed by F.

Newf

Sep 1, 2020
We also received our biometrics reminder on September 18th.

Application Sent: August 27, 2020
Application Received: August 31, 2020
Biometrics Reminder: September 18, 2020.

can_babo

Aug 11, 2020
I think I received an AOR today by email.

It states that my application for <spouse> was received on <date> and that it is in a queue for processing and they will advise me if anything is missing. It says that the application ID is temporary and I will be given a permanent one after they have reviewed my application for completeness.

regarding application ID: On my biometrics fee reminder it was F<number>. On this letter it was XF<same number>.

edit: The email had "Inland AOR" in the subject so I guess that's what it was :)

Last edited:
Reactions: dillym and ASenna

sameera11

Jul 29, 2017
I think I received an AOR today by email.

It states that my application for <spouse> was received on <date> and that it is in a queue for processing and they will advise me if anything is missing. It says that the application ID is temporary and I will be given a permanent one after they have reviewed my application for completeness.

regarding application ID: On my biometrics fee reminder it was F<number>. On this letter it was XF<same number>.

@ Can_ babo can u please share time line when did apply

Newf

Sep 1, 2020
Based on his post history, his PR application was received on August 17. I'm surprised to see people in this thread getting emails already. I just noticed people in the March thread began to receive them yesterday.

For the curious, the full email is in the below quote:

Received an email today with a

“prospective application number XF#########”

“Your application for permanent residence in Canada has been received by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) on 2020-03-06 on behalf of ___________ and family (if applicable).

We have received your application, and will advise whether your application is complete or is missing required documents. It is in queue for processing and we will contact you should we require more information from you.

The application number quoted above is temporary. Once we have completed the review of your application and it has been deemed complete, we will inform you of your permanent application number. In the meantime, you can quote the temporary application number or UCI when communicating with us”
It would be nice if they also decided to not return applications for minor mistakes. People have enough to worry about during a global pandemic without having to worry about being financially obliterated because of losing implied status because of a minor mistake on a 200 page application.