+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inland Spousal Sponsorship and Change to Open Work Permit

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Yes, we did get married in person.

Thank you for the honest response. I'll re-read through everything and come back for any specific questions that I may have.
OWP Are taking over 5+ months to get and you still need to get your spousal sponsorship application ready before you can apply for your OWP and spousal sponsorship together. It is going to be quite some time before you get the OWP.

baka123

Star Member
Nov 22, 2019
If you look at the checklist it does say that if your residence in Canada (6+ months) or Canada is where you’ve lived most of your life since the age 18, you don’t have to submit a PCC, IRCC will request one for you. So if this suits your situation you will check that box as well.
Pole sana to be disturbing you again. I'm currently on an closed work permit and I'm sending an open work permit application along with my spousal sponsorship application. What option should I pick?
1. Work permit with current employer OR
2. Work permit for the first time / with a new employer

TIA

Eveslm

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2018
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Pole sana to be disturbing you again. I'm currently on an closed work permit and I'm sending an open work permit application along with my spousal sponsorship application. What option should I pick?
1. Work permit with current employer OR
2. Work permit for the first time / with a new employer

TIA
Pole for responding late. Yours will still be option 2.