+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inland Spousal Sponsor....questions, pls help

Beedivine

Apr 20, 2019
Hi, have some questions.

I am in the process of sponsoring my husband inland Canada. I received a letter confirming that I been approved to be a sponsor which outlined my responsibilities as a sponsor. In this letter it stated that they will contact my husband separately.

What does this mean? How much longer will it take for us to know the final decision? Do we still need to do a interview?

Some background info: my husband already passed the medical, he is not required to do figure prints and he submitted all needed documents. The sponsor application started processing in Nov.2018. File was transferred a couple days ago.

This is very stressful, my husband en I have been married for a year en half now. We want to have a baby but dont want to just jump into it just in case we dont get approved.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
It takes twelve months for most applications. If your husband is American it can be a little faster.

The letter you received is your approval as a sponsor. Now you wait to get approval for him.

Beedivine

Apr 20, 2019
It takes twelve months for most applications. If your husband is American it can be a little faster.

The letter you received is your approval as a sponsor. Now you wait to get approval for him.
My husband is from Ghana... since our file has been transferred to local office does this make any difference in the timeline?