+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inland Spousal Approval - now what?

Jeremy Fogg

Sep 25, 2008
HI eric!

But when the would be in the timeline (6 month) that would mean to my understanding more the first week of December.....normally they are 9 days ahead and that means more for us 1st week. And the sending out the letters normally earlier. How this message said it just December or even gave you a date? Do the message tells you also what letter? OWP or DM? And end of December would be more than 6 month right? So I think we both have luck and it will be here even earlier!

Jeremy Fogg

Sep 25, 2008
Hi eric! Where are you from are you the sponsor or the sponsored person? I am the one who is getting sponsored! Where are you living in Canada! Did you call them at all and find out something about your status?

eric6642

Oct 22, 2008
Jeremy Fogg said:
Hi eric! Where are you from are you the sponsor or the sponsored person? I am the one who is getting sponsored! Where are you living in Canada! Did you call them at all and find out something about your status?
I am Canadian in Canada, and Common-law is in canada as well. I apply in Canada, same as you I guess! they only can tell you when will you expect some answer from them. In my case, I do not think my application will be rejected anyway. I am not worry too much. just waiting game now.

NinjaPirate

Oct 21, 2008
Just an update.

Got the letter inviting me for an interview for landing purposes last week. Interview is scheduled for the first week in December. Hooray! =)

kessa

Star Member
Nov 10, 2008
Congrats! How I wish I will get mine too but it seems I will be out of luck for a while....mine was transferred to our local office Ottawa and don't have AIP yet sigh......

Anatolia

Star Member
Aug 1, 2008
Hello Ninja I am also waiting for the LEtter for the Landing. But our file is in ETOBICOKE, so I hear it will take longer. Please post back when you get the PR, and tell us what they asked or how scary was the process?

Take care,

Ana

PS and a few minutes after I wrote this post, We just received an Etobicoke letter with the appointment for Dec 4th, 2008:)

chocolover

Nov 28, 2008
Hi all,
I am really confused by this whole process and feel like I have been living in the dark by about what is really goign on!! As an arranged marriage, My husband and I were married in March 2006 and we put in our application for me to sponsor him for perm status in April 2006. Since that time we have totally been in the dark. Truthfully, we barely thought about it because we never expected it to take this long and because our marriage is genuine In any case, throughout this time we have only received 3 letters from CIC. The first was in Sept 2006 to tell us they had received the applicaiton. The second letter was in Feb 2007 to tell us our file had been transferred to Scarborough. We just received a letter this past October, asking us for documents (bank statements, pictures, etc) which we sent. Last week we got another letter asking for simliar documents again and telling us we have an interview on Dec 11th. So where are we in this process?? We aren't approved are we?? I feel really stupid because I feel like I should have been more proactive. I just trusted that CIC would move the case along in a timely manner but in the meantime, the marriage continued on as if we were approved (so really we were just waiting for the piece of paper to finally allow my husband to have some status). Nothing else mattered. But I am beginning to get weary that we will have a longer wait even after this interview.
Anyone have any idea how far along in the process we really are?

kessa

Star Member
Nov 10, 2008
hi.. may I know where you sent your requested documents? Is it in Scarborough or Vegrivelle? Thank you and I know things will be better for you.

AMB

Star Member
Nov 19, 2008
Choco-

Saw your other thread too. I think your file was transferred from Vegreville to the local office because they thought it needed some extra investigation by the local officer. You are just going to have to be patient, because you are certainly not in the same boat as the people in this thread... they have been processed unusually fast for an inland sponsorship, probably they had ALL their proof and have been together with their partner for a long time with lots of evidence (maybe they have children etc).

When you get a letter from the local officer, you should send in the reply as soon as you can. You could also try to call the local office to speak with the officer, but I'm not sure if that works in your area. Here in Niagara, it does work.

All the best to you.

Congrats to Jeremy and the others. Most people get First Stage of Approval after 6 months, and can get their open work permit. Being processed completely in 6 months is rare, but very exciting!

Landing appointments are not intimidating at all, at that point your application is completed and they only ask you a couple questions about criminality and address and so on... it's very simple. Then they just inform your of your rights as a PR and about your PR card, sign some papers and your done. Shouldn't take longer than 15 minutes.

NinjaPirate

Oct 21, 2008
Landed this morning. Fast and easy. Nothing to worry about. =)

In fact, I was the first one called so most of the time was spent as the IO went over the CoPR with the group so each person could make sure it was correct. (she did this as a group and then had people with errors let her/them know)

chocolover

Nov 28, 2008
Hi Ninjapirate,
thanks for your input. I do think I am in a different boat but I'm not sure if that's good or bad! We sent in whatever documentation we had the first time they requested additional documentation. Then about 2 weeks ago, we got another letter setting up an interview and asking for similar documention. Some of the stuff were things they asked for in the first letter but we didn't have so we didnt' send it. Like joint bank accounts statments, or cell phone statements for my husband (he doesn't even have one)--in any case, they asked for them again. IN any case, I have now written a letter stating why we don't have some of these things but that nonetheless, our marriage is geniuine for other reasons (i.e. actual caring and love). My husband is going to do the same. He doesn't write English very well, but I told him just write it in his first language, who cares?
I'm not sure why I should call the officer in charge of our case....I will if you think it will help. But can you tell me what I should say when I call other than I am confused as to why they are asking for all this documentation? Please give me some advise, we have our interview this Thursday and I am getting nervous. I just keep telling myself that the truth is on our side and that nothing else matters...but still.....!!!
If anyone else can give me some information as to what to expect in the actual interview. Do they interview us separately, together..one after the other??

Curina

Star Member
Nov 28, 2008
Hello chocolover,

When you first get there you have to hand in the letter and any requested info that they asked for then wait for the officer to call you into one of the rooms.

They actually interview you seperately. The sponsor goes in first to answer the questions and then the person being sponsored goes in after to answer the same questions. Now you wont get any time in between to let that person know what sort of questions were asked. Let me know if you require more info.

Good luck and god bless

chocolover

Nov 28, 2008
Curina,
Thanks for your input. I am sure you are going through a hard time, so I appreciate your advice. If you don't mind can you tell me what kind of questions you were asked?? I found a list of questions on this site...are those questions the kind you were asked?? I am sure it changes depending on what they are looking for but I am just trying to get a sense of what to expect.