+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inland Spousal Approval - now what?

NinjaPirate

Oct 21, 2008
OK, so we received our approval papers and were told that we would be contacted by the Scarborough office to set up an appointment.

So now what? Any ideas on how long it will take and what they'll want?

It took exactly 5 months to process at Vegreville, if that matters.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you got first stage approval, the one who is being sponsored can get an open work permit and register for health care, then you continue to wait for PR.

NinjaPirate

Oct 21, 2008
Is there any way of figuring out how long it will take for the next step? I can't seem to find anything beyond the first stage approval on any website. Perhaps I'm just not looking in the right places? I've also not seen anything listed about a Scarborough office. Is that just my poor search skills again?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have heard it can take up to 1-2 years to get PR but really don't have any first hand info on this.

Jeremy Fogg

Sep 25, 2008
Hi!

Just a short question! When did you apply for the sponsorship? Just want get an idea if they are in Vegreville still in timeline or if they changed and if they made it harder! Thank you would be nice! Your five month sounds good but when you applied?

NinjaPirate

Oct 21, 2008
The date they started processing was May 15, 2008. Got the approval on October 15, 2008.

We mailed the papers April 16, 2008 - if that helps.

I'm not sure how that jibes with the posted Vegreville information, though. =)

eric6642

Oct 22, 2008
Hi I think website shows 6 months waiting time now. Also you can find out your case predicted time to send letter out from phone service system. I just called, I sent out my application on June 9, and processing on July 9, and phone messages told the letter will be sent out on 30 of December, 2008

Jeremy Fogg

Sep 25, 2008
Hi eric6642! Could you please give momre details what telephone number you used! Did you have to speak to someone or is it an automatic system?! And what kind of letter they send you? You applied in Vegreville right? Did you get your OWP? I have to make a call to CIC but would like to avoid it! So hope you could help me by tomorrow morning!

ejd28

Aug 26, 2008
NinjaPirate - From the sounds of it you've gotten final approval. First stage approval is AIP and they do not transfer your file to the local office after that. They only transfer applications if they question something in your application or when you've been approved and have your landing interview. Since this was an approval letter stating the transfer of your application, you are waiting for your landing interview. The website does not provide estimates for landing interviews (as other suggested) those are first stage approval (AIP) estimates for applications processed at Vegreville.

The time it takes to get your landing interview depends on your local office. I had a small one, Saskatoon, so it took us a week from decision made to landing interview. Based on others landing at Scarborough (on another site), it takes about a month, to get your landing interview. The wait sucks, but take solace in the fact that the hard part is over. Now its just a matter of getting the date, answering a couple yes/no questions (have you committed a crime, etc) and signing a couple papers, to make it official.

eric6642

Oct 22, 2008
Jeremy Fogg said:
Hi eric6642! Could you please give momre details what telephone number you used! Did you have to speak to someone or is it an automatic system?! And what kind of letter they send you? You applied in Vegreville right? Did you get your OWP? I have to make a call to CIC but would like to avoid it! So hope you could help me by tomorrow morning!
Hi Jeremy:
It is Call center- http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/call.asp
and it is Automatic answering, key in your Client ID number and birthday, just following the messages. You will get your application status.

Jeremy Fogg

Sep 25, 2008
Hi eric642! I tried to call the number on the link you gave me! that is the common number! I followed the instruction ...punching in the key code and the birthday! After that I got the message I will be transfered to an agent! You had the same or t he just gave you the option to go ahead and go your information as you wrote it?

eric6642

Oct 22, 2008
Jeremy Fogg said:
Hi eric642! I tried to call the number on the link you gave me! that is the common number! I followed the instruction ...punching in the key code and the birthday! After that I got the message I will be transfered to an agent! You had the same or t he just gave you the option to go ahead and go your information as you wrote it?
Jeremy : when did you send your application? were you able to find your status on line yet? where did you send the application to?

Jeremy Fogg

Sep 25, 2008
Hi eric6642!
I sent it in June 3rd. And they started the PR process 5th July 2008. eCase is saying it and as well the last message was: We received the requested information on September 3rd........ and so on! We send the application to Vegreville where the dealing with sponsorship! And we thinking they should be still close to the timeline!
We called them for another reason and they said the papers are fine and they wouldn t see any problems because our application is perfect in order. They guuy also said we have to expect something by mid december!

NinjaPirate

Oct 21, 2008
ejd28 said:
NinjaPirate - From the sounds of it you've gotten final approval. First stage approval is AIP and they do not transfer your file to the local office after that. They only transfer applications if they question something in your application or when you've been approved and have your landing interview. Since this was an approval letter stating the transfer of your application, you are waiting for your landing interview. The website does not provide estimates for landing interviews (as other suggested) those are first stage approval (AIP) estimates for applications processed at Vegreville.

The time it takes to get your landing interview depends on your local office. I had a small one, Saskatoon, so it took us a week from decision made to landing interview. Based on others landing at Scarborough (on another site), it takes about a month, to get your landing interview. The wait sucks, but take solace in the fact that the hard part is over. Now its just a matter of getting the date, answering a couple yes/no questions (have you committed a crime, etc) and signing a couple papers, to make it official.
Thanks, I wasn't sure of the terminology they'd be using so I wasn't sure how far along it all was. I'd heard horror stories of it taking a year+ so I figured 5 months was good for AIP or first stage approval. Now I think it's a GREAT turn-around time for final decision. =)

eric6642

Oct 22, 2008
Jeremy Fogg said:
Hi eric6642!
I sent it in June 3rd. And they started the PR process 5th July 2008. eCase is saying it and as well the last message was: We received the requested information on September 3rd........ and so on! We send the application to Vegreville where the dealing with sponsorship! And we thinking they should be still close to the timeline!
We called them for another reason and they said the papers are fine and they wouldn t see any problems because our application is perfect in order. They guuy also said we have to expect something by mid december!
Hi Jerermy! The guy is right, your application time is same as mine, I sent out on June 9, and started on July 9, the messages told me expecting in the end of December, Well, Wish Both of us Good luck ...

Eric