+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inland spousal application query

G Deep

Star Member
May 15, 2019
Hi guys,

I was trying to pay the fees for my wife's inland PR application and OWP right now. However, when I checked the fees by answering a set of questions using the link (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/fees/result.asp?countrySelect=CA&lob=wp), it is showing me only $155 for Work permit (including extensions) – per person. It is not showing the $100 Open work permit holder fees.

Has there been any change in the fee structure recently??

Secondly, can I pay both the PR fees ($1040) and OWP ($155 or $255) together or do I need to pay them separately?

Thanks.

Last edited:

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi guys,

I was trying to pay the fees for my wife's inland PR application and OWP right now. However, when I checked the fees by answering a set of questions using the link (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/fees/result.asp?countrySelect=CA&lob=wp), it is showing me only $155 for Work permit (including extensions) – per person. It is not showing the $100 Open work permit holder fees.

Has there been any change in the fee structure recently??

Secondly, can I pay both the PR fees ($1040) and OWP ($155 or $255) together or do I need to pay them separately?

Thanks.
No change.

You can pay it together or separately.

G Deep

Star Member
May 15, 2019
Hi guys,

I have a new query. I am sponsoring my wife for PR by submitting an Inland spousal application. Both me and my wife are staying at the same address in Toronto. Do I need to fill the "Use of representative (IMM5476)" form to put my name as the representative to handle my wife's application? Or in the other scenario if I don't submit the IMM5476 form, will me and my wife receive separate communication from IRCC?

I just don't want the PR application to be returned due to not filling the IMM5476 form.

Thanks in advance

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi guys,

I have a new query. I am sponsoring my wife for PR by submitting an Inland spousal application. Both me and my wife are staying at the same address in Toronto. Do I need to fill the "Use of representative (IMM5476)" form to put my name as the representative to handle my wife's application? Or in the other scenario if I don't submit the IMM5476 form, will me and my wife receive separate communication from IRCC?

I just don't want the PR application to be returned due to not filling the IMM5476 form.

Thanks in advance
No, you don't have to fill it out and the app will not be returned without out. It is an optional form.

G Deep

Star Member
May 15, 2019
No, you don't have to fill it out and the app will not be returned without out. It is an optional form.
Actually I paid the fees for the PR application using the online account created in my name with my email address. Won't that mean I am handling my wife's application?