Inland spousal application query

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi guys, thanks for those anwsers as i had almost the same when i filled my documents I would have a couple more question if you don't mind. My fiance has been living with me from december 2018 to march 2019, now she traveled back to indonesia to prepare our wedding, and will be back in canada with me in july. Can we apply inland as husband and wife already living together ? And if yes :

1-What can we provide as a proof for living together ? Joint account ? is a temporary resident is allowed to request a joint account with me ? otherwise they request (Rental agreement, vehicule insurance, driver licence , other bills ) how can a temporary resident can own such a document ?

2-WHen does the imply status kicks in? when we receive AOR ? means from that day she won't need to leave the country until a final decision has been made ? (we also will request an Open Work Permit with the application)

3-If I submit multiple receipt of Western union transaction will it be accepted as evidence of financial support ?

Thanks for your help
2. Implied Status has nothing to do with AOR. She will likely be granted the standard 6 months visitor status when she returns in July. If you are applying for PR/OWP as soon as she returns, she will likely have the OWP before her visitor status even expires and never actually have Implied Status.

Reactions: Shanghai911

Shanghai911

Star Member
May 19, 2019
2. Implied Status has nothing to do with AOR. She will likely be granted the standard 6 months visitor status when she returns in July. If you are applying for PR/OWP as soon as she returns, she will likely have the OWP before her visitor status even expires and never actually have Implied Status.
Thank you Canuck_in_uk

Shanghai911

Star Member
May 19, 2019
1. Joint account, name on lease, mail received at your address for her name. Put her on all your utility bills. Etc. Talk to your bank - temporary residents are indeed permitted to have bank accounts.

2. Implied status kicks in from the date you submitted the OWP application until the decision on the OWP is made.

3. Probably. Make sure you explain what the transactions were for to demonstrate financial support.
Thank you k.h.p !! I appreciate this

G Deep

Star Member
May 15, 2019
A passport for international use is not a national identity document. Some countries have internal ID cards - national ID cards, internal passports, etc., in China it's either your national ID card or your hukou, for example - those are national identity documents.

If India does not have a document like this, it's N/A for you.

Thank you for this.

I have a query regarding OWP. While filling the form 5710e:

1) In the section "Coming into Canada", the first question is "Date and place of your original entry to Canada" and then the third question is "Date and place of your most recent entry into Canada (if not the same as original entry)".

Now my wife has been to Canada as a visitor in 2007 and 2018 as well. For the current visit, she entered Canada on 30 April 2019, so how shall we answer the above two questions? For the 1st question of original entry to Canada, would it be the 2007 visit or the current 2019 visit?

2) Do we need to attach any cover letter along with our OWP applicaiton, giving specific reasons as to why we are applying for an OWP? I know it's not mentioned in the checklist but would it help make our case stronger or would it be completely redundant?

3) Under the section "Details of intended work in Canada", there is a mandatory question asking "Duration of expected employment" (From - To format). How do I answer this as we have no scope for employment right now!

Thanks in advance.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Original entry would be 2007 - that's her original entry to Canada.

A cover letter? It won't make the case stronger, but it may be just polite enough to include a very simple one. "I am submitting this OWP application as part of my spousal sponsorship application."

The OWP is typically issued for two years. Try that.

Reactions: G Deep

G Deep

Star Member
May 15, 2019
Original entry would be 2007 - that's her original entry to Canada.

A cover letter? It won't make the case stronger, but it may be just polite enough to include a very simple one. "I am submitting this OWP application as part of my spousal sponsorship application."

The OWP is typically issued for two years. Try that.
Thanks for the response k.h.p.

For the last point, my wife's passport expires in March 2021, so I think I can't ask for 2 years of OWP since the passport won't be valid. Would be be fine if I set the employment date till March 2021?

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
You can put a date that makes sense to you. They typically issue the permits for two years or life of passport, whichever is shorter

Shanghai911

Star Member
May 19, 2019
Thanks for the response k.h.p.

For the last point, my wife's passport expires in March 2021, so I think I can't ask for 2 years of OWP since the passport won't be valid. Would be be fine if I set the employment date till March 2021?

Hi G Deep, couple of questions on how you filled...

1): on question 7-Current country or territory of residence: what you put as From and to ? From should be the last date of entry, but To: you put the date on which you filled the form or hand write "on going" after you printed ?

2) the checklist said : "the stamp made by the Canadian authorities on your most recent entry into Canada" for page of passport, but the officer aren't putting stamps on passport anymore if they allowed you for 6 month .. ?

3) in the current occupation section, did you filled it as the PR request document, as of no gap for the time that the person is unemployed ? From the time he/she enter canada they will be unemployed for sure... Or we just put the information on when he/she actually had a job ?

thanks in advance !

G Deep

Star Member
May 15, 2019
Hi G Deep, couple of questions on how you filled...

1): on question 7-Current country or territory of residence: what you put as From and to ? From should be the last date of entry, but To: you put the date on which you filled the form or hand write "on going" after you printed ?

2) the checklist said : "the stamp made by the Canadian authorities on your most recent entry into Canada" for page of passport, but the officer aren't putting stamps on passport anymore if they allowed you for 6 month .. ?

3) in the current occupation section, did you filled it as the PR request document, as of no gap for the time that the person is unemployed ? From the time he/she enter canada they will be unemployed for sure... Or we just put the information on when he/she actually had a job ?

thanks in advance !
Hi,

For points 1 and 2, if there is no stamp on your passport while entering Canada, then your visitor visa is valid for 6 months, from the date of entry. So, for question 7, "From" should be your date of entry into Canada and for "To", add 6 months to that date (unless you plan to leave the country early)

3) You need to fill from the present time, even if she is unemployed. Mention everything for the last 10 years, leave no gap in time.

Reactions: Shanghai911

Shanghai911

Star Member
May 19, 2019
Hi,

For points 1 and 2, if there is no stamp on your passport while entering Canada, then your visitor visa is valid for 6 months, from the date of entry. So, for question 7, "From" should be your date of entry into Canada and for "To", add 6 months to that date (unless you plan to leave the country early)

3) You need to fill from the present time, even if she is unemployed. Mention everything for the last 10 years, leave no gap in time.

Many thanks ! Makes sense !

G Deep

Star Member
May 15, 2019
3. Inland spousal applications are exempt from biometrics.
Are you sure that Inland applications don't need to pay for biometrics? I could not find this anywhere in the official guide. It only mentions the following: "If you apply for permanent residence and are in Canada, you may qualify for an exemption from having to give your biometrics. Find out more in the relevant application guide."

This does not definitely mention that Inland applications don't need to give biometrics?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Are you sure that Inland applications don't need to pay for biometrics? I could not find this anywhere in the official guide. It only mentions the following: "If you apply for permanent residence and are in Canada, you may qualify for an exemption from having to give your biometrics. Find out more in the relevant application guide."

This does not definitely mention that Inland applications don't need to give biometrics?
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/identity-management/biometrics/exemptions.html

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada

@canuck_in_uk provided you the link.