+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inland sponsorship with removal order

mvk88

Star Member
Mar 1, 2023
How did it go? Did you apple
hmm okay thanks! I just got appeal denied this friday, and have AOR not AIP since last year October, no signs of movement on PR file after that though. My understanding is CBSA will wait for couple weeks, in case I apply for judicial review, but in case I don't at that point I think I'm close to be called in for interview and have removal order kicked in, unless they feel that PR application is close to be processed ( almost year and half ).

Would you agree? or have something different from your experience?
How did it go? Did you appeal?

Manj96

Sep 25, 2019
How did it go? Did you apple

How did it go? Did you appeal?
No I did not appeal, Decided to just wait for PR to go through, luckily CBSA did not contract me either and I got my PR in September, PR card within week after!

To get passport back - I Went to vancouver refugee office with COPR to get passport back which was originally taken away in Montreal where i filed refugee. Vancouver office gave me email 2MNPCU74G@cra-arc.gc.ca to send passport request back email with specific format. Got passport back within a week and everything went smooth. Keep in mind though if by any chance you have older visas for other countries, confirm with respective embassies if they are still valid I found out that even though my US visa was valid in passport, they revoked when I applied for refugee!

Reactions: Gill$&@

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello there,

I have a similar issue I have deportation in order and I submitted my sponsorship application how did you handle yours ?
Could you please advise me?!!
Thanks in advance
How many more times (and in how many more threads) are you going to continue to ask the same question? Do you understand that you need a qualified lawyer, because of this:
https://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/security-securite/rem-ren-eng.html

With a Deportation Order, you are permanently barred from returning to Canada and cannot return unless you apply for an ARC.

Last edited:

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello ,

I have kinda similar issues, I have my removal order in , and inland spouse application has been submitted . CBSA officer is saying I have to leave and apply as Outland application from outside of Canada . Is there anyway I can stay in here ? Do you have any recommendations?
Your only option may be to leave and apply from abroad.

sooup1212

Star Member
May 6, 2023
Wanted to give a little hope for the inland applicants with spouses out of status.

My husband was out of status for 5 yrs, and I handled his application with no legal help.

I drafted a very thorough, extensive letter of explanation regarding his status.

PR application was completed in 7.5 months.

Not all cases are cookie cutter same, but do your own due diligence and research:)

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Wanted to give a little hope for the inland applicants with spouses out of status.

My husband was out of status for 5 yrs, and I handled his application with no legal help.

I drafted a very thorough, extensive letter of explanation regarding his status.

PR application was completed in 7.5 months.

Not all cases are cookie cutter same, but do your own due diligence and research:)
Congratulations!

Can you confirm if he also had a removal order out against him and if that removal order was issued before or after you sponsored him for PR? I think that would be helpful to those in this thread.

sooup1212

Star Member
May 6, 2023
Did he have deportation in order and did CBSA ask him to leave ? How did you handle this situation while he was out of status?
fortunately, our case did not involve cbsa.
however my husband's colleagues also had similar deportation removals in order.

i believe if you exit and re-apply, your application would definitely be abandoned if you started an inland.

id recommend prra application through your lawyer if you've been ordered by cbsa to leave?

also what we did was order gcms notes, and have our mp check the status once in a while.

canada is not like the states, family reunification is the goal even for out of status applicants.