Inland sponsorship pilot program-not eligible

thegorchess

Star Member
Jun 18, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
01-10-2013
It seems people without legal status will not be eligible. I was just wondering how many of us that would be. Let me know if you are not eligible. Maybe, if there are enough of us, we can become a force to be reckoned with!

chakrab

Champion Member
Mar 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i think we already saw some changes where inland PR application may not be eligible for people without status any more. so i doubt they will change only for AOR. but on the bright side, this is just a pilot program. so anything can happen next year.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
thegorchess said:
It seems people without legal status will not be eligible. I was just wondering how many of us that would be. Let me know if you are not eligible. Maybe, if there are enough of us, we can become a force to be reckoned with!
So you want people who didn't bother to actually follow the immigration rules and maintain their status, become "out of status" due mostly to choice to become a force to be reckoned with?

thegorchess

Star Member
Jun 18, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
01-10-2013
The website said you do not require legal status to apply. Thanks for always being a dick though. Why are you here anyway? You are done with the process, aren't you? Is you life really that empty?

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
thegorchess said:
The website said you do not require legal status to apply. Thanks for always being a dick though. Why are you here anyway? You are done with the process, aren't you? Is you life really that empty?
I have no problem with those without status being able to apply for "inland" sponsorship. That is not the issue. But why do you think those without status get special treatment over those who followed the rules.

Mind you I said mostly by choice. I am understand some of them were beyond their circumstances and became "out of status" through no false of their own.

But really, they have already gotten special treatment by not getting a deportation order out of Canada. It just goes to show that some people just don't or can't appreciate it.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
thegorchess said:
That isn't permission for people to not maintain their status. That policy was enacted to allow those who had been out of status in Canada for a long time, those with kids and their whole lives here, to apply for PR without fear of their overstay causing a refusal or automatic removal from Canada. It is a safety net for such people, not an excuse for others to not bother maintaining status.

You seem hell bent on blaming the government and anybody else you can instead of just admitting that you made a mistake. Your partner allowed himself to become out of status, something that was COMPLETELY simple to avoid, especially as an American; add to that, he didn't bother to apply for Restoration, which is also something pretty simple. You can quote the website all you want but you guys made a big mistake.

As a result of your mistake, you are being treated differently than those who actually followed the law and maintained their status in Canada. There is nothing unfair about that. Those who follow the rules receive the benefits of doing so while those who don't follow the rules..well, they don't.

And to touch on your last comment, where do you think the advice comes from on this forum? From those of us who have been through the process, who have been on the forum for years, who have learned and contributed for years. We come on here to help people. You are such a negative person; why are you on this forum when you clearly don't care about the opinions of others and feel the need to call someone like screech, who contributes a lot to this forum, a dick?

jsrnm

Star Member
Oct 23, 2013
I am out of status and I do believe I should get the special treatment it was my choice although I believe I did what was best for my baby. I now still struggle with putting my application due to fear. I continue on a daily basis with panic attacks and I believe I am being punished. I know I am not eligible and that's ok. I am a UK CITIZEN and know my situation if fixable but but anxiety and panic attacks keep me indoors

civic

Mar 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-M Inland Spouse
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
screech339 said:
I have no problem with those without status being able to apply for "inland" sponsorship. That is not the issue. But why do you think those without status get special treatment over those who followed the rules.

Mind you I said mostly by choice. I am understand some of them were beyond their circumstances and became "out of status" through no false of their own.

But really, they have already gotten special treatment by not getting a deportation order out of Canada. It just goes to show that some people just don't or can't appreciate it.
You again? I respect you and your shares of knowledge but can you please kindly don't judge people.

truesmile

Champion Member
Jun 7, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
MNL
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2012
AOR Received.
18-07-2012
File Transfer...
24-07-2012
Med's Done....
18-05-2012
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
05-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
08-01-2013
LANDED..........
02-02-2013
thegorchess said:
Let's all of us who have finished processing "leave" this forum shall we?! And let's see who will answer the bulk of the questions.

I must be a dick too, I agree with the post from screech.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
civic said:
You again? I respect you and your shares of knowledge but can you please kindly don't judge people.
Hi civic,

Nice to see you too. Glad to know that I have a stalker among me.

But since you are here, do you agree or not agree that out of status applicants should get the benefit of the pilot program or not.

Screech339

civic

Mar 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-M Inland Spouse
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
screech339 said:
Hi civic,

But since you are here, do you agree or not agree that out of status applicants should get the benefit of the pilot program or not.

Screech339
I will only focus on their questions and support them if CIC can consider a special rule for the people in existing inventory. I will NOT tell them: why should you be considered when you did not play the game by rules? How can one be sure these people did not respect immigration law and that wasn't CIC fault? Then after one year when the pilot is reviewed CIC can determine whether or not out of status should be included; by then, people would have been properly informed that out of status is a big risk for this process.

civic

Mar 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-M Inland Spouse
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
screech339 said:
Hi civic,

Screech339
I am telling you frankly, screech, in my view, you become a VIP member thanks to the time you spend on many topics here even though you may not have anything to do with these processes. Your name is not known because everything you said is gospel but because you are in everywhere and on everything.

Secondly, much of your posts are critical and threatening. If you are so interested in immigration and want to spend your whole life whole time on it, try to apply for a position at CIC, until then your approval or disapproval for a certain issue here does not change people's lives, means nothing to them. Everyone here is asking for opinions and real experiences, not for personal judgement. And that's why you are HATED by some.

I hope my straight words do not make you feel bad but help make you become an even more valuable member here.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
civic said:
I am telling you frankly, screech, in my view, you become a VIP member thanks to the time you spend on many topics here even though you may not have anything to do with these processes. Your name is not known because everything you said is gospel but because you are in everywhere and on everything.

Secondly, much of your posts are critical and threatening. If you are so interested in immigration and want to spend your whole life whole time on it, try to apply for a position at CIC, until then your approval or disapproval for a certain issue here does not change people's lives, means nothing to them. Everyone here is asking for opinions and real experiences, not for personal judgement. And that's why you are HATED by some.

I hope my straight words do not make you feel bad but help make you become an even more valuable member here.
I never felt bad about any of your thoughts about what you think about me. You are entitled to what you think about me and I am entitled to what I think is right.

How am I judging anyone when someone thinks they are more special than others when we are all want equal treatment. No one is more special than others. It is simple as that. I'm all for fairness but when someone does something that doesn't follow the rules but still want equal treatment, that is when it is not fair to others.

As for the OP's case, he/she wants access to the hard earned new OWP pilot program that everyone fought very hard for, even yourself. Even I support the program wholeheartedly and frankly dued years ago.

Don't you think that it is unfair for people without status get access to it when everyone else faithfully followed the rules in maintaining their status only to see their timeline expanded ridiculously long that was completely out of their control. Meanwhile maintaining status is within complete control and responsibility.

So when I see someone trying to get what I think is an unfair advantage over someone else, I like to remind them that what they are asking for is actually unfair to others, or at least, show them how unfair it can be what they are asking for.

Screech339

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
You can try this:
(just to get back to the original purpose of the thread)

[quote author=Eric Laine ]
ATTN Out of Status folks: All the complaints and policy suggestions in regards to Inland spousal sponsorship should be INDIVIDUALLY addressed to:
Ms. Justine Akman
Director
Social Policy and Programs Division
Citizenship and Immigration Canada.
365 Laurier Avenue West
Ottawa, Ontario K1A 1L1
Telephone: 613-941-9022
Email: Justine.Akman @ cic.gc.ca
Please keep your arguments thoughtful and respectful. This is the HEAD person that is responsible to propose any changes for Family Class, including Inland spousal sponsorship. She can review your proposals for improving processing time, granting OWP on AOR (which has already been implemented on one year pilot basis), granting OWPs to out of status applicants, etc. Out of status applicants can create a petition addressing their quests to Minister Chris Alexander & Ms. Justine Akman for considerations.
Best of luck folks![/quote]