+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inland sponsorship for my wife on a tourist visa

tpflazaro

May 6, 2020
Hi, my wife will travel as a tourist here in Canada and our plan is to apply for inland sponsorship. I have few questions that I hope someone could help me:
  • She's currently working and we're planning to resign from her work. Is this going to be a problem when the immigration asks her about her employment status? We put in our letter during online application that she has intent to go back in the home country to work but not specified that it will be same employer. We also did not pass any letter from company where she was allowed to take leave for specific time.
  • We put 3 weeks in our itinerary originally in our application. Can we lengthen that itinerary assuming she has multiple entry visa, 6 months max stay? Is this going to affect the visitor record?
Your help is much appreciated.

Elle08

Jun 6, 2022
Hi, my wife will travel as a tourist here in Canada and our plan is to apply for inland sponsorship. I have few questions that I hope someone could help me:
  • She's currently working and we're planning to resign from her work. Is this going to be a problem when the immigration asks her about her employment status? We put in our letter during online application that she has intent to go back in the home country to work but not specified that it will be same employer. We also did not pass any letter from company where she was allowed to take leave for specific time.
  • We put 3 weeks in our itinerary originally in our application. Can we lengthen that itinerary assuming she has multiple entry visa, 6 months max stay? Is this going to affect the visitor record?
Your help is much appreciated.
Hello. I'm here in Canada under tourist visa too but I'm married to a Canadian. We're also planning to apply inland sponsorship. To answer your last question, no it's not gonna affect the visitor record. I've been here 3x as a visitor