+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inland Sponsorship: Can I get TRV?

Barney23

Feb 18, 2019
Dear forumites,
I am new here. Please I have a situation: how can I get my wife and little boy a visa to come to Canada so I can proceed with her sponsorship inland.

I am a Canadian citizen. I have been told that I have two options( outland and Inland sponsorship) to her application and joining me in Canada.

We are legally married with the traditional and court marriages in 2016. We have a boy child together who is 2years and 3months old now. From my visit to Nigeria recently she is 4 weeks pregnant currently.

I want to be with her during the rigours and stress of yhis second pregnancy. As a citizen I live and work in Canada and it will be cumbersome traveling back and forth from Nigeria to give her care.

Here is the thing:
1. I strongly want her to have this second baby in Canada where I can look after her considering proximity and unity.

2. If I apply for her sponsorship with outland option, its most likely there would be xrays and medicals which may delay process to the point the airlines may not agree to carry her at level of pregnancy.

3. Since I have option of INLAND application, please how do I get her the visa to come in. As a matter of fact if I did outland sponsorship and yet apply for her visa, I fear she may be refused for double channel applications and show of desperation.

But the fact remains that if I qualify for the inland, she has to be inland for the application to commence....so please how do I do this?
This is the whole truth of the matter.
Thanks.

Barney23

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
She will need a TRV to come to Canada and apply inland. It's generally quite difficult to obtain a TRV when your spouse is Canadian since IRCC will suspect she has plans on remaining in Canada long term and isn't a genuine visitor. However you can certainly try applying. To have the highest chances of approval, she will need to demonstrate strong ties to her home country (e.g. job, property, assets) and also show she has enough funds to pay for the trip.

Does your son have his Canadian citizenship certificate already and a Canadian passport? He will need a Canadian passport to travel. (I'm assuming you are Canadian by birth or through naturalization.)

Note that if you are able to get your wife here, there's a chance the birth may not be covered by the provincial health care system because she won't be a permanent resident yet - which means you will need to pay for all of the costs out of pocket. This also something you should plan for if you decide to bring her here since the costs of giving birth without coverage can be quite expensive.

Barney23

Feb 18, 2019
She will need a TRV to come to Canada and apply inland. It's generally quite difficult to obtain a TRV when your spouse is Canadian since IRCC will suspect she has plans on remaining in Canada long term and isn't a genuine visitor. However you can certainly try applying. To have the highest chances of approval, she will need to demonstrate strong ties to her home country (e.g. job, property, assets) and also show she has enough funds to pay for the trip.

Does your son have his Canadian citizenship certificate already and a Canadian passport? He will need a Canadian passport to travel. (I'm assuming you are Canadian by birth or through naturalization.)

Note that if you are able to get your wife here, there's a chance the birth may not be covered by the provincial health care system because she won't be a permanent resident yet - which means you will need to pay for all of the costs out of pocket. This also something you should plan for if you decide to bring her here since the costs of giving birth without coverage can be quite expensive.

Thank you so much for your reply. Please what do you advise in a situation as this? I am citizen by naturalization in Canada and not by birth. My son has not got his citizenship certificate yet as we have not applied. I was told he needs to be in Canada to apply for since he was bofn outside of Canada.

My wife is not sponsoring the trip, I am the one sponsoring. The TRV is to enable he apply for the Inland sponsorship prcess from inside Canada. She wont be allowed to leave Canada anyways during the time the inland application is on...so we are not hiding the fact that she wants to come to Canada so she can apply for the inland process option I have as a citizen.

Regarding the bill for the delivery, please does that fact that I am the father not cover my child's health insurance? Does it have to be the mom's?

The snag is the pregnancy we dont want to handle outside the Canada because I have a job that will be staggered. The sponsorship, no body knows how long it might take if we risk to apply now.

momo2018

Jan 8, 2018
Thank you so much for your reply. Please what do you advise in a situation as this? I am citizen by naturalization in Canada and not by birth. My son has not got his citizenship certificate yet as we have not applied. I was told he needs to be in Canada to apply for since he was bofn outside of Canada.

My wife is not sponsoring the trip, I am the one sponsoring. The TRV is to enable he apply for the Inland sponsorship prcess from inside Canada. She wont be allowed to leave Canada anyways during the time the inland application is on...so we are not hiding the fact that she wants to come to Canada so she can apply for the inland process option I have as a citizen.

Regarding the bill for the delivery, please does that fact that I am the father not cover my child's health insurance? Does it have to be the mom's?

The snag is the pregnancy we dont want to handle outside the Canada because I have a job that will be staggered. The sponsorship, no body knows how long it might take if we risk to apply now.
Few thoughts:
1) Check the medical bills first. If she wont be covered and you cant afford it than youll have no choice (and yes its very expensive)
2) to apply for inland she has to be in Canada first. Which mean youll have to apply for TRV, have it approved, get her here, and only then apply for inland. (chances are not high. We got denied twice..)
3) You will have to get here here soon or she wont be allowed to board the flight. Consider TRV processing time and all that.
4) Did you say you already applied for outland? If so you cant apply again. You will need to withdraw your current app first (thats what I know anyway)
5) Since Xray is required in order to complete the medical, she might have to wait until after the birth of the child. Some say you can do it but I would check such an issue with a doctor and not here

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

Health care coverage for the birth will be determined by what coverage the mother has - not you. Yes - it must be the mother since she will be the one giving birth.

You do not need to be in Canada to apply for your son's citizenship certificate. I would do this asap as it typically takes 6 months to process.

Based on the information you've provided, your wife chances of securing a TRV are likely quite low - however she can certainly try. If the TRV is refused, then she will need to be sponsored outland and won't be able to move to Canada until PR is approved. Obviously the birth of the child would then need to happen outside of Canada as well.