+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inland sponsorship assistance, please!

Xerakitty

May 21, 2017
New Jersey
I am a Canadian citizen returning to Canada Thursday (yay!) with my American citizen husband. We've been planning to go the inland application option, but are totally lost. 90% of what we can find is law firms charging high amounts of money to help us file, the rest say we need to fill out the "proper forms" but don't provide links or even form numbers. We've been unable to locate exactly what we need. We want to apply for residency and a work permit. If one of you kind souls could send us in the right direction, we would be eternally grateful! <3

Xerakitty

May 21, 2017
New Jersey
Those are some of the links we used, but cannot get the actual application package, or see exactly what forms we need. It mentions the package and checklists, but has no links nor form numbers.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
With the first link in my previous post, once you fill in who you are sponsoring and the country, you can click "Get checklist and forms".

A new "section form" will show up under with this title and have a list of guidline, checklist and forms. This I believe is the "package" . The information is customized for different country specific requirements.

Requirements – Spouse and dependent children (if applicable)

These are link to the guidelines: (already in the package above)

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5289-sponsor-your-spouse-common-law-partner-conjugal-partner-dependent-child-complete-guide.html
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5525-basic-guide-sponsor-your-spouse-partner-child.html

Xerakitty

May 21, 2017
New Jersey
That is what we tried before, but were told that is for Outland only, and Inland is a different package. Inland is not supposed to require the financial checks (we’re both moving, and therefore both unemployed, which is why we chose Inland with no financial support requirements- 100% of our money is in his name, nothing in mine).

HandInHandVII

Aug 11, 2019
Those are some of the links we used, but cannot get the actual application package, or see exactly what forms we need. It mentions the package and checklists, but has no links nor form numbers.
Ok, I so know what you mean. It can be very confusing at first. We had a very hard time figuring things out and organizing our application.

So basically, you need to follow the instructions on the application checklist and use that as your guide. You need to include this application checklist on the TOP of your application package when you send it in and everything must be in order according to this checklist: https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/ircc/migration/ircc/english/pdf/kits/forms/imm5533e.pdf

If you do everything in the checklist, then your application should be complete.

Also, if you're both still in the United States, I HIGHLY recommend that you go ahead and get the USA person's "Police Certificate" now. This is a #4 requirement in the "supporting documents" section of the checklist. What we call a "police certificate" in the USA is called a "FBI Identity History Summary". In order to get this, the USA person will need to get their fingerprints taken at a designated office and then submit the application in to the FBI. The report itself will arrive via email or mail. Its much easier to do this in the USA than in Canada. In fact, my husband and I had to go back to the USA in order to do this after being in Canada together for months. https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/police-certificates/how/united-states.html

Xerakitty

May 21, 2017
New Jersey
We cannot currently get it, due to covid. NJ is still fairly locked down. Even a birth certificate from PA is taking 3-6 MONTHS for delivery. I’m not sure what will happen with the current situation. We will be in PEI, so traveling to the US for anything requires huge amounts of paperwork and over a month of quarantine. Folks in PEI have said the governments are working together to reduce travel need, so hopefully there will be some help for this as well.

HandInHandVII

Aug 11, 2019
We cannot currently get it, due to covid. NJ is still fairly locked down. Even a birth certificate from PA is taking 3-6 MONTHS for delivery. I’m not sure what will happen with the current situation. We will be in PEI, so traveling to the US for anything requires huge amounts of paperwork and over a month of quarantine. Folks in PEI have said the governments are working together to reduce travel need, so hopefully there will be some help for this as well.
You can't get your police certificate? Have you tried using an "approved FBI channeler"? https://www.fbi.gov/services/cjis/identity-history-summary-checks/list-of-fbi-approved-channelers-for-departmental-order-submissions

We used Stearling Identity and were really happy with their service. We just had to go to a UPS location and they took our fingerprints and they sent the application in for us. I'm sure there's still UPS locations open in the USA. https://sterlingidentity.com/

HandInHandVII

Aug 11, 2019
Most government offices here are still closed. And we leave the county in 36 hours.
You don't have to go to a government office. If you use an approved channeler, you can get your fingerprints taken at a UPS location. I highly recommend you look into getting that done while you're still in the USA.

Reactions: YVR123

Xerakitty

May 21, 2017
New Jersey
We're working on the package now, but the checklist still specifies that I need to provide proof that I can financially support my husband, but literally all of our money is in his name. We see in other areas of the Canadian immigration page that inland sponsors do not need to provide this information, yet there is no place on the checklist that suggests this. So much contradiction all over the place, making this much more complicated than US immigration was =(

Xerakitty

May 21, 2017
New Jersey
Is there a credible site to get the forms from? We get an error when we try to open any of them, and we’ve tried on 7 different computers now.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Is there a credible site to get the forms from? We get an error when we try to open any of them, and we’ve tried on 7 different computers now.
You need to pull the forms from the IRCC web site. Otherwise you risk pulling the wrong forms / wrong versions.