File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
That’s where we’ve been trying, but keep getting errors.
Have you tried different browsers as well as different computers?

Xerakitty

May 21, 2017
New Jersey
Yes. It seems it’s a known issue, we found a post about it and are about to try their work-around!

I do have a question for the checklist documents though! Says that my husband needs to provide proof of his status in Canada - would a copy of the 1 year visa from the CBSA fulfill this requirement? The instruction package is a little obscure here.

HandInHandVII

Aug 11, 2019
That’s where we’ve been trying, but keep getting errors.
I totally know what you mean. We had this problem too and I'm pretty sure everyone does. Do you have Adobe Acrobat installed on your computer? If not, do install it on your computer. Its free. https://acrobat.adobe.com/ca/en/acrobat/pdf-reader.html

These are some instructions that IRCC provides: https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=660&top=18

This is what worked for us. We have a Mac computer. 1.) Click on the form you want to download. 2.) When you get the error message, look at the right hand corner. 3.) Click on the button that says "Open with a Different Viewer" 4.) Select "Open" with "Adobe Acrobat"

I hope that helps! Good luck!

HandInHandVII

Aug 11, 2019
Yes. It seems it’s a known issue, we found a post about it and are about to try their work-around!

I do have a question for the checklist documents though! Says that my husband needs to provide proof of his status in Canada - would a copy of the 1 year visa from the CBSA fulfill this requirement? The instruction package is a little obscure here.

I'm not sure if the 1 year visa from the CBSA would work or not. I do know that if he is a USA citizen his status would also be "visitor" as USA citizens are allowed to be in Canada for up to 6 months and have a "visitor visa" that does not need to be applied for. We are automatically granted a visitor visa for 6 months by just being USA citizens and coming to Canada. So, there won't be a copy of a visa document for this. We just wrote a letter explaining our status as being on a visitor visa as we were from the USA. We also provided copies of all of our flight information upon coming to Canada as well. You could also include a copy of the stamp on his passport of the day he came to Canada if he has one. They actually didn't stamp our passports upon coming to Canada so we did not include this.