+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inland sponsorship and removed

Leah123

Nov 8, 2018
wondering if anyone knows anything or if anyone is or had gone through the same situation my husband was removed from canada and our application is still in process our lawyer sent cic a “compassionate” letter to keep our application in process weve been waiting for 8 months now hes had his medical exam and passed it and i was approved as a sponsor...

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
wondering if anyone knows anything or if anyone is or had gone through the same situation my husband was removed from canada and our application is still in process our lawyer sent cic a “compassionate” letter to keep our application in process weve been waiting for 8 months now hes had his medical exam and passed it and i was approved as a sponsor...
An inland app requires the applicant to be in Canada to be able to land as a PR. Expect the app to be refused. You should consider withdrawing and reapplying outland.

Reactions: kcward7

Leah123

Nov 8, 2018
An inland app requires the applicant to be in Canada to be able to land as a PR. Expect the app to be refused. You should consider withdrawing and reapplying outland.
If i reapply would there be more problems to face with his removal and withdrawing the application then reapplying and how long of a process do you think that would take

Quecan

Apr 20, 2018
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
May 24th 2018
Doc's Request.
July 3rd 2018
AOR Received.
June 27th 2018
File Transfer...
August 22nd 2018
Interview........
April 30th 2019
The same thing has happened to my husband and I, my husband was a failed refugee claimant and removed. We hired a lawyer and tried everything so they would let him stay and wait the result of our application but to no avail. He left in Aplril and we withdrew our inland application and have submitted an Outland.
I believe you will need to do the same, and be prepared for a longer than normal wait for processing, it’s unfortunate but you do need to start the whole process from scratch as an Outland applicant. We submitted our new application in May and I was approved as a sponsor in August and our file was transferred to our VO August 31st. Since then we have heard nothing, not medical request or anything so I believe we are going to be waiting longer than most.
That is my experience with this situation, it is awful and we have to constantly tell ourselves to be strong because all that matter is our end goal...

Reactions: scylla

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
If i reapply would there be more problems to face with his removal and withdrawing the application then reapplying and how long of a process do you think that would take
You have problems to face anyways. An inland app can't be approved when the applicant can't come to Canada.

Reactions: kcward7